1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the locations for the Central Zone Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trapshooter173, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter173

Trapshooter173 TS Member

Can someone please let me know the locations for this years Central Zone Shoot?

2. trapper71

trapper71 Member

July 31-Aug2

Owatonna Gun Club Owatonna MN

Brittany SP Bunker Hill Ill

Regina T&SC Regina Sask

3. Trapshooter173

Trapshooter173 TS Member

Thank you - I have been looking for the locations and the only place I could find was Owatonna MN

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

FYI, on shootata.com if you go to the "clubs and shoots" link and pick any state (or club within the state) it will show you the location of the ATA zone shoot for whatever zone that state/club is in.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Look for a extra low attendance for the Central Zone. They always have had a location that rotated between MI, OH and IN now for some reason it is gone and the closest for these shooters is IL. News flash they are not going to go there.

Don

6. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Don, If the Il. State Shoot at Brittany was well attended, then why wouldn't the Central Zone at Brittany be well attended?

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Because you won't have the MI, OH & IN shooters their. They are not going to drive there the week before the Grand, drive home and then drive back for the Grand. IL was never in the rotation that I remember. Under the old system shooters could at least drive in for the week end championship events. If you want to have a IL, MN, WI, MO and southern IN shoot then it is a fine location. You might as well go to Sparta a week early and spend 3 weeks there in one spot.

Don

8. Don S

Don S Member

There used to be 4 locations for the Central Zone. Someone decided 4 was too complicated.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I believe the whole ATA Central Zone locations should be reviewed. Often there are shooters left out of the competition. We should make it much easier for the greatest number of shooters to attend each year. Often a huge number of shooters are forced to drive or fly to far away places to compete. Most don't.

It is foolish leave so many out of the competition. After all the ATA's greatest function is shooter recognition. Why leave so many out thus reducing revenue for the ATA? Seems silly to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.