1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the 08 ATA average cards?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mono1393, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Any one receive there new ATA avg. card? I am anxious to get my "gold" ATA card. Just became a Lifer last month.

Chris Morris

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Chris- They should be out sometime this month. If they fail to include your gold card, a quick telephone cal will rectify the situation. Congratulations for a lifetime support of trap shooting.

Pat Ireland

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

This is a quote from the ATA E-Announcement sent out last week:

<I>"The process usually takes several months and we do our best to expedite it as quickly as possible. Please look for your average card in the mail towards the end of October/early November and remember that you can take your receipt from your renewal to a shoot so they know you have paid your dues for the target year."</I>

Morgan

4. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

You wonder if a real business could operate on such a delayed schedule. It is not like they have clerks making out each one with a quill pen and an ink blotter.

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I've got mine. If you look on the 3rd page (I already filled up the original one) there's a line that looks something like "--- 2008 ---" and below that line are all my scores from 2008. If you look at the front of the original card you can see my yardage, as the punched hole didn't magically fill itself in on September 1.

Saw a guy classify for the fall shoot in Las Vegas with a print-out from the ATA website. Probably lucky I wasn't behind the desk - he would have been AA-27-AA. What's so complicated about writing your scores on a piece of paper?

Scott

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I am kind of disgusted with the ATA. Sent my check in early August and 2.5 months later still no '08 average card. It can't be that hard to push the computer button, get the average and send out a card. I have run out of lines on my '07 card. Maybe we just stop shooting ATA until we get our cards. Fred

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Almost every shoot report with each shooter's scores on it has to be manually entered into the system. I expect that they have to wait until the end of September to make sure all of these reports are in, before they can run the year end report.

I've seen some comments on TS.com from Pat Ireland and traded some e-mails with Neil Winston on this subject. Based on that information, it appears that we have some data entry issues, but in the next couple of years the system will be upgraded and the shoot reports will be entered via e-mail. This will result in the ATA records and Shooter Information Center being updated immediately. Of course this will mean that someone from each club will have to be connected to the internet and be willing to input this information. The current system will still have to remain as some clubs can't or won't be able to work with the new system. Bill Malcolm

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Fred -

I use about 3 cards a year, and never have problems finding blank cards to use when my ATA-issued version gets full. Ask at the classification desk, that's usually where I get them. Also, some vendors have them available at shoots as a form of advertisement.

I'm curious how they could send you a new average card in August considering the year didn't end until 8/31? The earliest possible date you could get an average card is 9/1, and that's assuming that scores are entered on the day the shoot takes place - which we all know doesn't happen. Also, considering that clubs have 7 days to send in reports, that means the ATA will be getting '07 scores until at least 9/7. It really hasn't been 2.5 months.

I also don't understand the attachment everyone has to their average card. You'd think the ATA was sending out gold nuggets.

Scott

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Scott, I agree with your comments. I asked and received several blank cards to record my 08 scores on until my official ATA card gets here from the first club I shot at during the 08 target yr. That card is nearly 2/3 full. After I transfer those scores to my new card I will need to use another ATA RSO card to finish out the o8 target yr. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.