1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

where are results for nebraska state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nut, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nut

nut Member

where can I find the results for the Nebraska state shoot?

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim Brown, attendance, UP? How did the scores compare to last years efforts?

Hap

4. jim brown

Hap, attendance down, scores DOWN. Scores most likely the fault of White Flyer.

jim brown

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Heard rumors about target problems & scores...what are the facts...or...where are the results as first poster asked? Regards, Ed

6. nut

nut Member

Where they that bad that noboby wants tell us where to find them?

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Nut, they were that bad and Ed,yes there were problems with the White Flyer Targets.Worst scores I've shot all year and I wasn't alone.

Two White Flyer reps. apologized for 10 min. at the Sunday morning meeting.

Steve

8. husker

husker Member

TTT

Roger

9. jim brown

10. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I talked to a shooter yesterday who showed me his one score from the Shoot. SHame he had to put something like that on his card. (We're in WI), I asked him about the White Flyer issues but he blamed it more on, what he said were 45MPH winds that were gusting to 60. (His words not mine.)

Tim

11. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

so where can we find results and why won't they post them thanks geo 3

12. jim brown

13. Hap MecTweaks

AAtrap, Steve, according to another post above, winds were a major problem there? If so, why would White Flyer feel it necessary to apologize for Mother Nature?

Hap

14. fordtough

fordtough Member

the scores are sealed..

15. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Hap, that's a very good question. Let me assure you that White Flyer was not there apologizing for Mother Nature. They apologized for the composition of their targets. I was at the state shoot and shot all but one event. I also attended the meeting on Sunday morning.

The weather was not the best, but you know as well as I do that there are shooters that post some pretty darned good scores when it's windy. That just didn't happen very often at this shoot. I held targets in my hand that had been picked up after the shooting was over on, I believe Thur. or Fri. night that had as many as seven holes in them that were still intact and numerous ones that had 3 or 4 holes in them. I saw targets hit that were completely knocked off course that didn't even have any visible dust.

I'm not a "Big Dog", (just an old one),but I shot the worst scores at our state shoot that I've shot all year. The first event I shot was the 16's on the first day. There was a gusty head wind and it was raining lightly. I broke a 95. I only posted two scores in the 90's the rest of the week and it wasn't because of the weather.

My belief is that I was shooting some of the old targets that morning when I broke the 95 that were left in the machines possibly from the State High School shoot.

I personally feel bad for the people that tried very hard to put on a good shoot and make every body happy. I also feel for those that drove a considerable distance hoping that everything would be the way they wanted. I know that didn't happen for many.

I do know one thing for sure; the targets were a major problem, the weather was not the best every day, and I do believe that the machines are capable of throwing better targets. Jim Moody was there setting targets and I think he knows a thing or two about doing that. I feel that a combination of those things made for some very low scores.

I also know that the people who help to put on the Nebraska State shoot each year are dedicated hard-working people who will do everything in their power to make the next shoot a good one. I'll be there.

The best to all in their shooting the rest of the year.

Steve Elliott

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I hear all kinds of talk about why scores were low.......I really don't care, I have some friends from Nebraska that shot & would like to know how they finished......where are the scores?? Are they a secret?

17. Hap MecTweaks

Steve Elliott, thank you for your well described turn of events guy! I too suspected target composition was the real culprit! I wish White Flyer and company good luck on finding a pitch less base that works at least as well as the partial pitch targets do!! They will figure it out!!

Hap

18. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Hap, I agree. They'll get it figured out.

Hunter, haven't they received a sheet from the NTA? I did some time ago. Not sure if they would have gotten one unless they had played some options though.

Steve

19. jim brown

Steve, I think Marlyn does the sheets for the payouts and she always gets them out right away. Don't know what we will do without her next year. I don't know for sure who updates the Webb site, maybe Denny L. Maybe nobody.

jim brown

20. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Jim, you're right about one thing. We will surley miss Marlyn. She has certainly done a stellar job.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.