1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are Mossbergs and Ruger shotguns made?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Hey guys/gals,
    Anyone know where Mossberg and Ruger shotguns are made?

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My Mossberg 930 is made in North Haven Connecticut, at least that's what it says on the barrel. I have only put a few thousand rounds through it so far but the performance has been flawless with everything from 7/8 ounce loads to 3 inch magnums.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Just heard from a dealer that Ruger will no longer make shotguns...anyone else heard the same? Best Regards, Ed

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of changes since Bill Ruger died. They have stopped production of the Old Army revolver. Colonel

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It's an auto. I bought it as a backup gun for sporting clays tournaments. It was only 400 dollars. I am enjoying shooting it and used it for the last two tournaments and will use it again this weekend at a 200 bird tournament. I am waiting to see if something will break on it. The action is very simple and looks a lot like some of the Browning auto actions I have seen. I will be shooting it this evening right after work at trap and skeet. I reloaded some 7/8 ounce loads yesterday evening at 1200fps. I did not expect a cheap auto to function this well.

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is fine for there to be gun snobs. I fully expect it and derive great pleasure from it. I have developed a kind of reverse snobbery with my cheap guns. I don't know if there is anything better on this earth than beating someone with a multi-thousand dollar gun with a cheap gun. If there is anything better it is when you are helping them figure out what broke on their expensive gun.

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Corporate headquarters for Sturm Ruger are in Southport CT. Manufacturing of shotguns is in Newport NH. As of right now the rumor that Ruger is not making shotguns anymore is just that. Rumor. The Red Label is staying. The problematic Gold label is probably gone.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.