1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are all the DOVES this year???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Force Break, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Pretty much the same here in central Montana. We had a cold wet spring and lots (for here) of big storms this summer. Now last week just before the opener three days of cold rain. It usually means what was here have left in droves.The last part is pretty much the usual for here. There is always next year.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We had tons of them three weeks ago and then the remnants of a tropical storm came through and they have disappeared from here in South Georgia. Season opens here on this Saturday. Jackie B.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

They all came here to north central Washington. There are a lot of birds even in my yard.

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

They're all on the lawn at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave waiting for free sunflower seeds.

5. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Just went out for the first time here in central Missouri this morning. Three of us hunted over a silage cut and limited out with 45 birds. Didn't even scratch the surface of what we saw flying around. Garrett

6. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Shot a 200 acer silage feild yesterday, not enough people to keep them flying. Most all baged a limit. thanks Ronnie

7. psfive

psfive Member

Four of us out Sept 1 for the last couple hours of daylight. We shot fourteen. Maybe saw 50 maybe. We had a cold rain go thru early in the day stayed cloudy the rest of the day till real late. I hope it put them down for the day. Paul in Nebraska.

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

They're all pooping in my pool!

9. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Nine of limited out in about hour and half old wheat field

10. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

My buddy and i limited out in w. MD, they are in the corn!!!!

11. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Thanks to a great friend, we were there before daylight running unauthorized people off the farm.....We all could have limited out within the first 1/2 hour if we could load faster and quit bs'ing, by 9:00-9:30 we were done. What a honey hole in SW Ohio and only my .410 against the Big Guns (.28ga.)Thanks again Bobby and Rich, hopefully we'll be back when it cools off. Doug and Dave @ SGS

12. RRA

RRA TS Member

We saw more Eurasian Collard Doves in Utah than Morning Doves. There is no limit on Collard Doves here. The limit on Morning Doves is 10. I brought home 9 doves in about an hour and a half in pass shooting.

13. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

YUMA, ARIZONA.........everybody got limits by 7:30am...100's of birds everyday..found out it's much easier to shoot the slow ones..by Saturday they will all be at 300ft altitude, 100MPH....Sheeeesh...Limited out at 0715 and back to work by 0900..YeeeHaw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.