1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, U SEE GREAT GUNS!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    Has this ever happened to you? When you have money to spend, you seldom see any good guns to purchase. But when you don't have the money, some great guns are for sale at great prices. I saw a browning broadway trap with nice wood, in great shape, with an adjustable stock for a list price of $850.00. I talked to the owner, and he said he would take less. last time i went to a gun show, i had cash on me to purchase a trap gun, but did not see one trap gun. why does this happen? does this just happen to me, or does this happen to other shooters too? have you seen any great buys, but did not have the available cash to make the purchase?
    steve balistreri

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I just heard from a buddy that was at an estate sale and there was 1 ton of lawrence magnum shot all 7.5 for 10.00 a bag. He had to make a run to the bank and his truck broke down so he called his dad and 1 hour later the shot was gone!!! PJ

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Steve I know exactly what you are talking about. I have hunted a 410 O/U with screw in chokes that I could afford and back around Christmas I was offered one for around $900.00 but had just bought a BT 99 Micro Pigeon and a 686 Beretta at good deals and of course Christmas presents so I did not have the cash at the time although several people owed me money that would have been more than enough to pay for the Browning O/U. The next week I had the money but it was no longer available. I could almost cry and though that I should have used a credit card or something but my rule is that I don't use credit for my toys and stuck to it. I've thought a thousand times since that I wished I had used the card. I love shooting skeet with a 410 and have tubes for the 686 and a cheap O/U 410 but really wanted the Browning. I'm still looking and have the money stuck back but haven't seen one yet. I'm going to pick up a used 17 ft fishing boat in the next few days and it will probably pop up then. If it does I'm going to get it someway. Jackie B.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

One day, some time ago, the black cloud floated away, the sun was shining on me. A doctor from Chicago stop at Kolar Arms and asked if anyone was interested in some rifles. He was retiring and moving to Florida.

I offered him $400 for his two pre64 m-70's ($200 ea.) He said I was pretty bold for offering up that price, but continued to say that the actual value didn't concern him. He was happy they were going to a good home, and that, they did.

The following fall, I shot a moose in Alaska with the .338!!

Doug

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

a friend of mine who has an extensive gun collection, always says to me,if you see a gun at a good price, buy it,NEVER know if you will get a second chance. he says the best time to purchase a gun is when the owner shoots poorly. I saw him trade a guy a remington 1100 trap even up for a browning o/u, because the guy says it shoots terrible. after he traded the guy, he noticed the guy who was shooting the gun, never had put a choke tube in the barrel.
    steve balistreri

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

To be honest, I have gotten lucky once or twice. The times that I have missed one haunts me for years. IHMO Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.