1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHEN YO GO TO A SHOOT, WHO D U FEAR?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    years ago i asked Vic Reinders the same question. he said he certainly did not fear shooters with spanking new guns with pretty high gloss wood and bright blueing. i ask him to explain further. he felt that these shooters have not shot these guns long enough to become consistant with breaking good scores shoot after shoot. he said he feared the man with a work worn gun, missing some bluing, throw in a little surface rust. he said back in his time usually a man with these type of guns, 31's, models 12's, etc, he knew he was going to be in a drag out fight to win. i asked him of all the competitors he ever faced which one did he feel was the toughest to beat? vic said, Ned Lilly.
    so when you go to a shoot, what do you look for, and who do you fear?
    steve balistreri

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

self doubt

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I guess I will look for and fear Ned too!!??

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I fear, fear itself, That an arab or iranian, or Pakistani showing up with an AK-47 for handicap, singles or doubles.

We may need to keep a few DEER slugs handy if they show up. Do not want another Ft.Hood massacre. I believe in PROFILING.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I don't pay much attention to any of the other shooters or their guns. I have a hard enough time waging my own private war on my propensities to defeat myself. I am my own worst enemy - always have been; to be worried about the other competitors would just be an added burden I don't need! I wish I was squared-away enough to be able to afford worrying about the others! J

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

ME, i beat myself before i get to the line sometimes

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I usually "fear" myself, since if I do poorly, it was done by "myself".

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

It's not a team sport. I could care less about the other shooters or their guns. It is just me against the bird. I fear mother nature the most. Wayne

9. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

The man with an 870 who shoots one shell for everything>>

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would not enjoy going to a shoot in fear. I go to have fun.

Senior Smoke stated that the fine shooter, Vic Reinders, did not fear a shooter with nice high gloss wood and bright blue barrels. I had to laugh at this. I saw the gun that Vic shot. Not too many others have been privileged to see a gun with +-400,000 rounds shot through it without a cleaning. Vic believed in shooting guns but he did not believe in cleaning them.

Pat Ireland

11. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I fear no mere mortal...

tony

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Years ago.. there was a shooter at my club who was a jinx.. Just his being there was the end of a good day shooting.. I never needed to see him...If my scores started to plumet.. all I had to do was look around.. Biggest problem was.. he was a very nice guy..kind.. not a bad bone in his body.. Just my JinX..

13. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i don't believe that when you go to a shoot and you see one of the top guns, or hear that a certain top gun is shooting that somewhere in your mind you don't say he is going to be tough to beat. i don't know how many of you have shot calcuttas, your not shooting for fun, your shooting to earn some cash. if nothing bothers you, my hats off to you.
    steve balistreri

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I fear when I am shooting with another person who has bad reloads.

15. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jennifer,
    You got it right 100%.If I could go on the line with more self confidence I'd have it made.Time is passing on so its not going to change for me.
    Sandy

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

It ain't a who...it's a what...specifically.. will my knees and back let me get through the weekend?...and I fully agree with Shawn...and he was one of the last guys I shot with this year...and it was all good...

Ron

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bad Karma and/or Bad Ju-Ju.

Curt

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I once had a shoot off at the Grand with Dan Bonilla's and his worn out MX-3. After staring him down with my steely gaze, Dan chose to take Vet's category instead.

That's my interpretation anyway, and I'm sticking to it, lol

Jim

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Obammy?

20. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Always heard, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." Makes no difference who is shooting, just shoot your game and see who wins. If ya are shooting in fear, guess what, ya are gonna lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.