1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When will the Morons get it?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bruce Specht, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Ok, your President and congress are givng Cash for Clunkers, does anyone realize that we are going to pay for this, now ane later? This jerk is spending your kids kids in to bankruptcy!This idiot and the democratic congress are spenind like drunken sailors on shore leave. How much more will we take before some one yells STOP! The mid term elections may well be to late to stop the swirl we are in at the bottom of the bowl

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bruce, people are complaining, but the media and congress prefer to not listen. Look at what has happen at the latest public meetings. Many in the congress and senate are not looking forward to hearing from their voters over the August break. The word is spreading that this bunch of elected "leaders" are clueless and aren't in touch with fiscal responsibility. With less than 20% of the Stymulus spent, the economy is already turning around BY ITSELF. So, who needs the stymulus? Their "cash for clunkers" thing is working out real well too. Great planning.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

I've just about decided I'm voting against every incumbent, regardless of party, regardless of voting record.

Our Republican Senator Lugar is in bed with Tom Friedman on all the Global Warming, Carbon Tax crapola. Gawd I'd love to send his ass packing...but it will never happen, because the people of Indiana are TOO STOOPID. Still, I can dream.

BTW, his Democrat counterpart, Evan Bayh, voted FOR CCW reciprocity, because he's scared of "Red State Voters" here (notice the quotes), and is widely suspected of being a rebel vote on Health Care, too, for the same reason. Hey, I never thought my Dem. Senator would vote better than the Republican, but I'll take it however I can get it. He's still basically a commie, but our Republican isn't much better. He just stands there with that dumbass grin on his face, and can't say a coherent sentence without starting over twice. I'd love to send both their asses to the showers.

But to answer your original question, NO...the morons don't get it. And they won't, until Gas is $6.85 a gallon because the value of the dollar is destroyed.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Come on! CFC makes sense! How can anyone think that spending $1-Billion taxpayer dollars to do THIS to a quarter million cars is not a good idea? Jeez.

-Gary

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This is just their way to get you to drive what THEY want you to,,,,if it was to "spur" the economy, they would have given the $4500 and allow you to spend it on anything YOU wanted,,,,OOOOOHHHHH but that wouldn't repay the union bosses,,,,sorry I forgot...

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have called our Democratic senators offices here in Georgia (I'm conservative) and their staff has a terrible attitude problem. They won't take a message for the senator and actually argue with you over the "talking points". When you have an elected offical that won't do as you instruct them to, how can we fire this MO FO now? This is utterly maddening. Don't see people taking this crap much longer.

Time and patience is running out fast.

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Cash for junkers is a good deal all the way around. For those of you naysayers it's just politics. Get over it. Sorry but some of us think a little clearer than that and you are wrong about the car program. It's helping to boost confidence in the economy and get at least a quarter million gas guzzlers off the streets. Think about it in the long run when we will be using fewer foreign oil barrels per day. I think the money is better spent on domestic programs than building Iraq's schools water treatment plants and bridges. Lets get back to America and spend our money on getting our country back in shape. Dan

8. warren

warren Member

If you want to get back to America cut taxes and let the people decide how they want to spend their money not have our genius gov't tell us.

warren

9. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Apparently moron dahaub isn't ever going to get it.

10. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Milkbone

I agree. I don't think Dan has figured out that it does not matter how many gallons of fuel we use...the cost to American consumers for fuel is adjusted according to profit margin. If all the vehicles in the US suddenly got twice the mileage per gallon, the price of fuel would double along with it.

Mark Rounds

11. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Mark, I don't follow your math, but then again I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. If there were just 1 oil company in the world it would make sense. Since there are many and the US companies are but a small part of the picture, it makes no sense to me.

I once replaced a vehicle which got 10 mpg with one that got 30. The cost of fuel for me went down by 2/3rd, it didn't double or triple. That's the kind of math I understand.

12. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

If you think there is more than one oil company in the world, that is only the beginning of your problems!

13. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Fine, Mark, keep spotting those black helicoptors hovering over you. ROFLMAO

14. Bruce Specht

I think we need to write and email our representatives and get the vote out for the mid tem elections. We need to stop this spending spree that the currnet congress and adminstration are on. THey will bankrupt the country, government can NOT make money, not to be confused with printing money. Only independent business can produce income, created the GDP and supply workers with jobs.

15. bigdogtx

Bruce is right,,,,WE CAN'T POUT LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR!!!! The vote has to get out and where a race is close, give the RIGHT person some money,,,,there is no law that says you can ONLY give to a candidate in your state,,,,I'll be sending money to PA to oust spectre and to CA to get rid of the witch from San Francisco and to any other states that want to take back our country,,,,while we still have one!!!!

16. bigdogtx

markdenis,,,,ok I give,,,,which one is the one???

17. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

18. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Grammie is back- it's a miracle of reincarnation.

19. Bruce Specht

Ineed to hear three little words that the canidate truly means if he or she wants my vote, Fiscal Responsibility Now. You can't fix soemthing by throwing money at it. Obama should work for Band Aide

20. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

C for C, only middle and low income people qualify. Obviously they aren't going to pay cash for the new car so isn't making loans to low income families what started this whole mess.

Don't stop with the letters, calls and town halls and most of all remember in 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.