1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When was the last time you had an $81 steak????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

. The Obamas Feast on $81 Steaks

President Barack Obama and wife Michelle celebrated the first lady’s 48th birthday Tuesday night by dining at a Washington, D.C., restaurant featuring a hamburger named “The Obama.”

But they passed on the burger and instead both enjoyed a 10-ounce American Wagyu steak with an $81 price tag.

“The Obama” is one of five burgers on BLT Steak’s “Political Burger Board.” It’s an 8-ounce American Kobe burger with bacon, cheddar cheese, burnt tomato ketchup, and scallion mustard. American Kobe beef is from a line of Japanese Wagyu cattle prized for its fat marbling. The burger sells for $28.

The “Bi Partisan” burger, $32, is an 8-ounce burger with Maine lobster, white cheddar cheese, and black truffle buttermilk dressing.

Other burgers include the “Pork Barrel,” “Cuban Missile,” and “BLT Monument.”

The Obamas enjoyed their meal in a private dining room, CNS News reported.

The restaurant's assistant general manager told the Foodorama blog that Michelle Obama "dines with us quite regularly."

Other items on the menu include a dozen oysters for $34, a bone-in rib eye steak ($47), sautéed Dover sole ($49), or french fries on the side for $8.

No word if the Obamas washed down the birthday night dinner with a bottle of Chateau Petrus 1984 Pomerol, at $1,200.

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

bulge:

I'm not buying this story. The First Lady would have been all over the entree with truffles.

sissy (snicker)

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I think I'll try one tonight. Anyone know where I can rustle a jap steer.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds suspicious. Michelle ate only ONE steak?

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'll betcha they don't serve that kind food at the "all white gunclub" of mrs. keet talks about. Charlie

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You guys are funny- isn't it amazing how conservatives invariably have good senses of humor while liberals are invariably sour pusses?

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

And, to think, Monica was perfectly happy with tube steak. Ol' Doublewide is REALLY bringing her "A" game.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a 75 dollar steak dinner last week in Vegas- does that count?

Barrel bulger obviously doesnt have enough to do- he tracks what the president eats.. How far exactly does he track that food though? What is the end point?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Eugene, was it a tube steak too? BTW, thanks for the confirmation.

10. CharlieAMA

Good one John. Charlie.

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Eugene,

For guys like you, they call the "end point" the rectum, or something like that.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gene, Don't let them make you the butt of their jokes.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene. you know perfectly well what the end point is. Look in the mirror. I do appreciate your concern about my time but since I quit work 5 years ago I have enough time to fish, shoot, flea market, and auctions with the wife or anything I deem worthy of using my time for. Fortunately God gave me the ability to be able to afford to do what I want. Did you get that degree yet or are you still a lawyer wannabee? Mike.

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I don't want to detract from any of the so richly deserved ridicule of king barry and michelle Antoinette, but I can think of a few Elk steaks that surely cost me that much. lol

Kip

15. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Not to take away from the Obummers birthday feast, but have any of you had kids in 4H or FFA and showing cattle? Seems all parents in this catagory have paid that for steak LOLOLOL
    $8K aluminum trailer
    $4000. calf
    $625 specialized feed
    $88.00 Grooming products
    Seeing Obummer beat in 2012 PRICELESS

Dave B

16. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

you ever eat dinner in Chicago? that would be cheap. My boss and I had a dinner Chicago durring the last IMTS show. He doesn't drink, I may of had 1 bear, maybe 2, and the bill was about $300. We both had a steak, potato and a desert and coffee. When he told me what the bill was I could hardly believe it.
    I could care less what the Obamas eat, care a lot what there doing to the country, and it isn't good.
    4 more years with them and were all screwed.

17. CharlieAMA

Yes, my kids showed steers,pigs, and sheep. Luckily, got one in the Ft. Worth sale, and one in the Houston sale. Daughter had Grand Champion at Potter County sale. Been there done that. Had alot of fun. Charlie Henderson

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The price of the meal was nothing compared to what it cost us just to get the great ones to the resturaunt.

19. pdq

pdq Member

While expensive, that's not an outrageous price based on what I've seen at other high end restaurants. In Philly, there's a restaurant that's been around for 30+ years call Le Bec Fin -- dinner is a fixed price of $120. Alwyas packed. Throw in a drink before dinner, a bottle of wine and the tip, and dinner for 2 you're easily in for $500.

Wolfram makes an excellent point -- lord knows how many 10s of thousands of dollars it cost in man power to have the advance crew and the full security detail involved.

Probably about the same as it has cost for security the 90 times His Annointment has gone golfing -- $300 greens fees is nothing in comparison.

Pete

20. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Seema alittle funny you guys ripping on what the Pres had for dinner, $81 steaks and such. I don't like Obama by any means but you guys sound a little hipocritical to me. If I could afford an $81 steak instead of a Big Mac, I would have one. If I could afford a $20,00 trap gun instead of my $200 870, I would have one of them, too. Just sayin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.