1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When was Perazzi founded?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WindyCity, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I saw on their website 1957, is this true? I always thought Perazzi was a much older company.

2. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

I'm not sure 1957 is correct. What I have always understood is Daniele Perazzi became an apprentice gunsmith at the age of 14, in 1946. By 1950 he began working on guns of his own design, but didn't begin producing them under the Perazzi name until 1965. So, Perazzi is actually a younger company than you thought.

Daniele Perazzi has shown the world that it really doesn't take a lifetime to perfect a shotgun. There are some, however, who can't get it right, even after working at it 500 years.

Bruce

Edit: I checked out the website and it does, indeed, indicate he founded the company in 1957. I guess it took him eight years to develop a shotgun worthy of putting his name on. I believe the first (Armi) Perazzis on record are dated 1965.

Bruce

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

After talking with Giacomo, I learned that he was in the basement with Daniele when he built the first TM1. I think the TM1 was the first of the guns that Daniele built. Giacomo is in his mid 60s I would say, so 1965 sounds about right. Giacomo's daughter is named Daniele after Daniele Perazzi.

4. 5141

5141 Member

I think Mr. Arrighini would confirm Sucessful Competition O/U pre dates TM-1
    Also Pre dates 1965 date offered above...,I beleive Ennio Matarelli won the Gold Medal in Trap (bunker) at the 1964 Olympic games with a Perazzi Comp O/U,although it might not have been a production gun at that time.Perhaps some of the current Bunker competitors on here could confirm more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.