1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When to Rebuild a Mec 9000G?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Just wondering when a rebuild on a Mec 9000G is usually done?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I've had to replace a collet (broken finger) and just this year had a broken weld (broken welds are covered under lifetime warranty), but other than doing a good cleaning (depending on use), greased and keeping everything tightened down I don't think it's needed.

3. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

I have somewhere between 50 and 60 thousand shells thru it and was just wondering?

4. deadapair17

deadapair17 TS Member

I've got about 160,000 on mine. Had to replace collet a couple of times, maybe because shot dropped into it. It is a hydraulic, 9000H.

5. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Jerry Burkhart had to send his in for a rebuild.

I do not know how many shells he reloaded, but I would bet it was more than anyone else will load on theirs.

6. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Why fix it when its not broken? On the other hand if you want to just give it some TLC, take it to MEC at one of the bigger shoots and have them go over it. Else you can mail it to them and they can will go over it.

7. cueguy

cueguy Member

Being a former Wisconsinite and at that time living 20 minutes from the factory in Mayville, I could just drop it off and pick it up at my leisure. After moving to KY, that is no longer the case. I attend the WI state shoot most years and take one loader ( have 6 ) each year and they service it at the shoot. They have a full service area set up at the shoot. I don't know where you live, but if you can manage it, attend the shoot ( very nice ) and get your MEC loader serviced while you enjoy shooting some great targets. Hotels are very close to the shoot.
    Nubs Wagner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can a mec 9000g be rebuilt