1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When to Delete Photos?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ed Y, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

With Davids new method of posting pictures, how long should we leave them there since they're now taking up space on his server?? Is it necessary or will they be automatically deleated??

Ed Yanchok

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

If you plan on deleting it please don't post it in the first place.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

As I understand it, the photos like I post from Photobucket are not taking up space on David's server. Is this correct?

4. bocephus

bocephus Member

When you post your pictures on Photobucket it does not use any resources from TS.com. The picture comes to your computer directly from Photobucket.

Diskspace has gotten so cheap that it is not so much an issue any longer.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I recently posted some pictures, using Davids nem method, using his webspace rather than photobucket. Should I deleat them after a given amount of time, to free up space, or just leave them on there.

Ed Yanchok

6. bocephus

bocephus Member

Leave them, if he needs to purge them he will.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Ed, I always delete my pic uploaded on to TS.com gallery that's old (after a month or so) as a common courtesy to save server spaces on this FREE forum.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, I use both the TS.com server and Photobucket. Permanent items go to Photobucket and "quick hit" items go on David's server. And Iwould recommend to anyone using the TS system for pictures to review your album and delete the pics no longer relevant. David has asked us to keep the size of the pictures down to small and medium sizes. Large pics take up more space. The delete function on the TS system is easy.

9. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam TS Member

I take a lot of pictures when we travel. I have over 7500 pictures in my pictures folder, taking up a total of $1.25 worth of disk space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.