1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When to congratulate and when not to

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by HHS, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHS

HHS TS Member

OK, I usually hear someone say "nice shooting" after someone get's their first 25, then again if they run 50. But it seems after that nothing is said untill the round is over.
    Is this superstition so you don't jinx a chance at 100 straight, or is it just courtesy so you don't put undo pressure on the shooter?

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The later. John

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It depends on the person, for their first 100 they may just want to stay in that zone with no distracting chatter. Congratulations on 75 straight is relatively useless.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If it's a rival, I congratulate him on his 99 before we even start shooting.

Neil

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

When shooting registered targets I don't congratulate anyone until the event has been finished by whomever I'm congratulating.

hubcap

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

A "friend" and state champion shooter once told me: "If you are shooting bad scores...nobody cares. If you are shooting good scores...they care even less." Beware of Congratulations...they may be just playing a mind game. Best Regards, Ed

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am aware if a squad member is straight. Often after the first two fields I will make a quick comment like "nice 50" and then not say anything until he has shot the 100 straight. If he does drop one on the back 50, I share in his disappointment.

Pat Ireland

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

After someone..........like Shootlow, runs his first 75 straight, I always make a point to ask him..............Are you still straight? lol

Or..........How do you shoot them so fast? lol

Hauxfan!

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My observations are, more often than not, just as Sir Pat describes....Bob Dodd

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Of course, between the 3rd and 4th trap, you and the rest of the squad should pat him on the back with "Congratulations on 75 straight so far! Now we will all be watching you real close...don't screw up the 100 straight!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.