1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When the Troops Were Very Young

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

When the Troops Were Very Young
    The newest troops in Afghanistan are barely old enough to recall the event that sparked the long war

'On Sept. 11, 2001, Corey Shaffer was in fourth grade at Cutler Ridge Christian Academy in Miami. Because his mother was cafeteria manager, he was at school early and was enjoying a bowl of Lucky Charms when news of the terrorist hijackings flashed on the television screen. He remembers being confused. "I wasn't sure what it meant," he said.

It wasn't until he was in middle school that the significance became clear, when he read about the attacks in his history book. Now he's 19 years old and a Marine infantryman, fighting in the longest war in his nation's history...'

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304746604577380451079997304.html?mod=WSJ_myyahoo_module

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

keety you a traitor or coward,,,,,you can't seem to find anything positive about America or our troops.....

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And your point is... what?

4. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Looks like it's going to rain tonight. Good, worked on my garden all day. What's up where you live?

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Supposed to be sunny and in the 70's tomorrow.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Are the Hatfield's and McCoy's still going at it?

7. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

NOT the longest war. Viet Nam was, my cousin went there in July of 1960. I left in 1975. That looks to be 15 years Tim

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

birddog - Can you read or didn't you bother reading the articlle?

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Can you answer the question above and the question regarding the "whites only" club location?????

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Vietnam war started in (advisor's) 1954 until 1975 when the last Troops left. I have a friend that was on one of the last Helicopters out. That's 21 years. However, the Indian-vs-Honkies war lasted for 400+/- years. 1400's through the 1800's. I suppose, it's all in one's perception.....

11. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

And keet cant read either, obviously. He said your name was birddog. Its obviously bigdog. Its ok Mrs. Keet, all trolls can't spell or read worth a damn.

Osker

P.S. Your a pussy. You never sign your name, nor do you ever actually answer a question. You spout useless information to a group of people who could give a fuck less about your type.

12. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Dam 99, don't hold back, let your feelings out....

You hit the nail on the head with that one... That is worth an ATTABOY, Congrads... Grubby

13. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

The president said he'd end the war and he will I'm sure, that is if he's elected again. Four years won't be enough I suppose. I guess it's a bigger job than he figured. Then he can get to work on the economy and the lack of good jobs. He might need 12 years the way he's going.

Speaking of D.C., how 'bout them Redskins and RG3.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I agree about it looks like rain. I think we will have rain for the next two days here.

15. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

It takes a troll to get trolls. Keep responding and it will keep trolling.

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I want Grammie back! Oh yea, rain here today and I didn't get my work done, will have to work over tomorrow. Jake

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I finally cooled off around here, 100 degrees was getting old for May. I was probably caused by global warming which is caused by the blubbering of liberal dumbasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.