1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When stuff was still made in USA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Ithaca 4E Knick April 14, 1927:

CIMG0289-1.jpg

CIMG0293.jpg

CIMG0292.jpg

CIMG0295.jpg

CIMG0296.jpg

CIMG0297.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

CIMG0301.jpg

CIMG0302.jpg

CIMG0305.jpg

CIMG4040.jpg

CIMG4044.jpg

CIMG4049.jpg

CIMG4048.jpg

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Over the years the machinery that was used by American Craftsmen to make the American made products have all been destroyed, worn out, or sold to other countrys ... We Americans are in many ways our own biggest enemy for letting it happen and or by electing Political leaders who boasted about the American way in one speech and then gave it away (sold it) it another ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Great pics too.

-Gary

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Lou, Nice presentation! We Americans are not our worst enemy! Our goverment is our worst enemy. Time to take it back! Vote em out in 2012, all of them!

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I was hoping to see some "stuff". Nice gun though.

GneJ

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We Americans are in many ways our own biggest enemy for letting it happen and or by electing Political leaders who boasted about the American way in one speech and then gave it away (sold it) it another ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

"LETTING IT HAPPEN AND OR BY ELECTING POLITICAL LEADERS WHO BOASTED ABOUT THE "THE AMERICAN WAY IN ONE SPEECH AND THEN GAVE IT AWAY (SOLD IT) IN ANOTHER" ...

I stand corrected, wait a minute I said the same thing Bill Grill said but in different words ... VOTE in 2012, your future will depend on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

I know a dude in Japan that wants that gun. How much? Hippie Hawaii is in the USA. Jr

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I decided to delete this unrelated post. This thread deserves better.

Sorry,
    Gary

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Didn't God make Adam and Eve and not Adam and Edward?

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Part of the problem are those that don't believe in the GOD part....

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Bushmaster........What camera are you using for those close-ups???

Thanks

Wayne

12. Bushmaster1313

An old beat-up Casio Exilim 7.2 megapixels

The trick is to stand back about 2 feet and zoom all the way in strong diffuse light. Even a blind pig finds an acorn on occasion!

Take a lot of shots at slightly different angles and sometimes one comes out good.
    CIMG2452.jpg

CIMG2461.jpg

CIMG2461b.jpg

13. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When stuff was still

The government has had it's share of the blame......Just don't forget that lawyers, architects, and engineers have had more influence on our market being flooded with disposable goods than our government.

Lawyers and engineers are a much bigger threat to American business than our government, our government just lets them operate without oversight.

Ya think I'm full of it, just look at that Ithaca and look at a new Remington.....look at a 150 year old house and look at todays developments, houses built on 4" slabs and 4" block, and 11/32" roof sheathing.....

No the government did not do that to us....we've educated our youth to the point where they will sell out their grandmother for a new pair of sunglasses, and a tattoo.

Look at the hubbub over the KX-6.....the purchasers of today and tomorrow don't give a damn whether the wood is genuine exotic grain, they only care about the appearance......same with Berettas. That attitude is in every product today.....all Americans care about is the appearance, whether genuine or not. We have become a Faux Pas society...who cares nothing about our heritage or for leaving our children any for that matter.

We have bred and educated a society of loser's that think as long as we can out kill our neighbors we will prevail......the rest of the world, mean while,,, is going to have the American empire for brunch.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Yeah 221, those doggone engineers are a pestilence to society.

Its too bad Americans have to put up with reliable electric service, water service, gas service, telephone, and cell phone service. Stop lights and street lights and roads and interstates? Damn shame.

Its too bad cars aren't built the way they used to be, you know, unreliable heavy hunks of metal that were unsafe to drive and unsafe in an accident, and got 8 miles per gallon.

Oh, and that 150 year old house? Sturdy and well built, no doubt. Leaked like a seive and took a ton of energy to heat. Oh, and they didn't have air conditioning either. Try building one of those today with the construction methods they used back then. It would cost you a million dollars for the labor to build it that way.

Oh, that air conditioning you like in the summer? And central heating in the winter? Thank an engineer for that.

The nifty electronic circuits in that computer that you used to write the nonsense above, and the communications links that got it to my computer? Thank an engineer for that.

Yeah, you're right. Engineers are just bad characters. We should get rid of the entire lot of them.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

tim , once again your words of wit have made my point........please tell us that your so far advanced as an engineer that you have to work in south africa.....the qualifications to get an American job a little over your head EEEHHHH? Good ole data table tim, hell anybody can reference data tables.

For 1 good product produced by engineer direction , there a 100 more that are a disaster.......I make a good living fixing engineering problems that the learned, overpaid engr's have f~~~ed up.....I say, keep it up we appreciate the extra work.

See that's my point. we sent tim to school and I'll bet he has yet to have his name on a system or bridge a building a processes.....he may just be one of 100's of low buck engineers that flood the african and arab job sites

They're ain't much to re engineer when it comes to public utilities.......a civil engineers job is only one step above the team that has to put up with him going for coffee every half hour.

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wow. Bitter.

Couldn't make the grades in engineering school 221?

17. PhilG

PhilG TS Member

Those are some of the most beautiful guns i have ever saw! Being young and dumb (35) years old, what is the second gun you pictured and is there guns like the ithaca still out there for sale somewhere? I love my 1957 model 37 16 ga and would love to know more about the guns. Thanks Phil

18. Bushmaster1313

Second gun is a 1919 Baker Elite

About 5740 Ithaca 4E Knicks were made between about 1925 and 1980

They go for about 1500 and up in good condition on Gunbroker.

Mine was a steal at about $980

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dang, why the personal attack on "timb". If you can't prove your point without attacking someones personal life you shouldn't do it. That's pretty low.

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

What grntitan said goes for me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.