1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When shipping a gun in for repair?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman63, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I will be shipping my gun back to Beretta, do I need a ffl or anything special?

Thanks, Herman63

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Just take it to the post office and ship it to Beretta. ano ffl required.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Make sure that nothing on the outside of the box indicates there is a gun inside. If it did, it would alert the gun thievies and often gets them stolen. I'm not sure but I would think that Beretta would have to ship it back to an ffl. I am a gun dealer but I've never shipped gun except to manufactor or other dealers with ffl's. Jackie B.

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

You can ship it to Beretta and they will ship it directly back to you. No FFL involved. Per ATF regs.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Beretta will ship it right back to you . You have already did the paper work so it,s your gun .

ALF

6. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Put nothing on it like Beretta USA or Kreighoff?

7. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

If a FedEX shipping center is convenient , you might check with them . I've received much better service than with those with a "U" and a "S" and a "P" in their IDs.

Charlie

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Straight there and straight back..get insurance..and signature required upon receipt..worked great for me! No FFL involved either direction when sending to ANY gunsmith Like it was said, it is your gun, they work on it and send it back! I use BOLSA Gunsmithing in Westminster, CA, only authorized gunsmith for factory warranty work on the west coast, and they do excellent work (quickly, I might add)!!!!!!...LB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.