1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When it's time to go....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hunter870, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I'm headed out in the morning on vacation, and will be out of telephone, cell phone, and computer reach for a week. It will be interesting to come back and see what responses (if any) this thread gets.

I was discussing death with a friend last night. Her perspective is that in many ways we tend to make our own choices, and in envisioning just how we will pass on we tend consciously or unconsciously to guide ourselves to that end. I made some kind of smartass remark about being shot by a jealous husband when I'm 90, but is IS an interesting question and I'm not sure of the answer.

So if you knew you had to go (and we all do), how, when, and where would you choose to pass on?

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

All wrapped up in the arms of Martin, with a goodbye kiss on my lips.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

THIS IS TURNING INTO A SOAP OPERA. lol bULGE

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I hope I go strapped into an electric chair at age 96..........Being accused of rape by an 18 year old red headed woman.

Every knows I didn't do it, but I'm to damned proud to admit I couldn't.......lol lol

Hauxfan!

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hey Haux, isn't that rape stuff a little risque for this family site. Bukge

6. Hauxfan

It's a joke, Barrel.......

Hauxfan!

7. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

This might get me in trouble, but I don't care how I go, save drowning or falling. The important thing to me is what happens after. I want to be cremated, have Meg Ryan mix my ashes up into a douche and run me through just one time. Sorry, I know I'm banned, but its the truth.

8. C1

C1 Member

I think I'll just linger and be a burden on my family.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

To be one of those codgers who keels over on the line at Vandalia...never gonna happen now, but it was a nice thought, while it lasted.

10. missed some

missed some TS Member

I wanna be creamated, then have my loved ones deposit my ashes in the ashtrays down at the pool hall, that way every night before closing the propritor can say "looks like ol mark gained a little more weight today"

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

I wanna be creamated, then have my loved ones deposit my ashes in the ashtrays down at the pool hall, that way every night before closing the propritor can say "looks like ol mark gained a little more weight today"

12. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

When I die and go to heaven, I do NOT want to arrive with a well kept healthy body. I want to slide in sideways beer in one hand throttle in the other body thoroughly used up worn out and screaming woooohooo what a ride.

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

piranha2:

Ok I was thinking about that before I posted also but with some one different but if you get banned then ban me also because hunter870 did ask.

But like some of the others I want to be cremated but really I would like to be like MIA, said As one that has held others at their passing, That is all I want.

Ok I held mine when she passed on and she waited until I got home and got to the hospital after work, The whole staff said she should had been gone way before but no one called me at work so I was surprised on how 1 hour went after I got home that day and it was a fast 18 minute drive to the hospital about 27 miles away over 3/4 of them was 2 lane roads.

Foghorn220

she was still young age 44

Ok as far as me I don't really care what anyone want's to do with me as long as I am cremated because even though I have an Uncle that is an Undertaker but he just works for the local funeral homes and have no control of pricing.

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I'm kind of with hunter870, I've always joked that I want to go out by taking a double barrel in the back with pants in one hand and boots in the other sneaking out the back door......AT AGE 100!!!!

In all actuality not to pass alone is all one could ask for. I think I would prefer to go with my boots on doing something I loved.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Rick,

There is so much to be learned from the body. Even if you can not donate organs, you may be able to donate something to help scientists determine how you got the ailments you had and hopefully how to prevent them. If you are so inclined. Some folks have beliefs that do not coincide with donation. For the record, I feel that everyone should be an organ donor if possible. I feel that the best legacy you can leave, is in helping to save another life. <br><br>

When I go, I want nothing left to waste or bury. Whatever can be donated should be donated, whatever is left can be given to science or burned and tossed where ever. To those that think there should be a final resting place to visit, just look outside the window. The blue sky and the breeze. Those are my resting places. If someone wants to visit me, just step outside and let the sun splash on your face. I don't want a funeral, I want my friends and family to have a party and celebrate what there was of my life and look forward to their future lives. No black at this party. I want bright colors, and music so loud as to be heard on the otherside! I was not quiet in life, no one should be quiet in my here after. lol No tears for me cause I'll be in a better place with my father and loved ones who went before me. I want to be like Erma Bombeck who said, Lord I am coming to you with nothing cause I used up everything you gave me!

Love 'em while you can!

Luvn

16. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I'd like to go like my father, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car. I've told my wife that I'd like to be creamated to save costs on my final expenses, I want her to have a large party for my family & friends. I told her that to save money she could probably get one of my old partners to just pour a gallon or two of gas on me and throw a lit match at me! LOL.

17. Hauxfan

I figure it can't hurt to much to die............everyone does it....

Hauxfan!

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Either in bed with a woman or in my sleep. If it's the first she'll be a sleep lol

19. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

May it be painless and quick. After that, cremate me and whatever parts don't burn and turn to ash, take it to a scrap dealer!

20. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I figured I'd go out broken, bent and alone! But now that I have someone that I love, I hope that she is present when I'm called home and maybe it will be together. Hopefully it will be along long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.