1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When I sold my Bronco tickets,

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rick Barker, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I thought I might have regrets.

Now watching a second loss in a row, I am glad I did sell them.

Can somebody please explain to me again, what is so great about this aging quarterback that Denver bought and paid way too much money for?

2. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Manning had 1 bad game otherwise he is not doing to bad defense has to show up if they are going to win games.KW

3. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Peyton Manning is probably one of the greatest QBs ever to play. Did you happen to notice how many footballs went right through the hands of the receivers? Not to mention this guy hasn't played for over a year. Give him some time, I guarantee he is more upset about it than anyone else. I just wish Chicago was smart enough to snag him instead of the cry baby they have.

4. Rick Barker

Jason, me too. They snagged another loser in Cutler

But I hope you are not referring to me as a crybaby.

When one spends a 100 bucks each on tickets, one wishes their money was better spent than on this loser.

As a paying customer, I have everyright to complain

I guess nobody saw last weeks game where Manning threw 4 interceptions in the first quarter.

Guess that was the fault of our receivers as well

Look, I won't deny his accomplishments in the past, but he is ancient in football years.

I really hope I am wrong, totally wrong about this guy, but if Denver loses to Oakland next week, Manning will get booed the next time home game.

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Oakland almost whooped the Steelers. They can't be too bad.

Rick in MT

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Manning looked like he wasn't comfortable making a pass. Something funny about the way he held his head (not surprising). Maybe it'll take him a while to get used to the thin air.

Bob Falfa

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Easy, easy Rick. You have to know that he is referring to Cutler, after the pounding he took in Green Bay. Whoo-hoo! How lucky we are to have two all-pro, MVP quarterbacks in a row.

It takes a while to gel with the receivers, and the team also. Most of his career he was throwing to the same two, all-pro receivers (Wayne,Harrison). Then again look at all of the all-pro players that where on those teams. The offensive line, and running backs. Tebow could scramble, that was why they had success last year. Payton, not so much. As we age, we fear pain more. Plus like mentioned above, he has not played in a game situation, for more than a year.

It is still early yet. Man, I thought the New York fans where tough on players. LOL

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What do you mean

"Oakland almost whooped the Steelers"

Oakland did whoop 'em 34-31. A loss is a loss.

9. Rick Barker

Stl

Thanks for the words of comfort, maybe ai am being to hard on Manning after a year plus layoff and a brand new team we have.

Did not know Jason was talking about Cutler. i understand Jason's frustration having seen him play for Denver. His attitude is the reason he is no longer here. Manning is a professional.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jason,

I'm with at brotha. I'm a huge Bears fan and always have been. I'm just having a real difficult time swallowing this Jay Cutler pill they keep shoving at me. Yeah sure he can throw the ball, right to the defensive backs. I would have loved Vick in the spot. The Bears have always been about defense and while that is vital, you got to have at least a half ass Offense.

11. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Be very glad your not a Redskins fan! Oh the shame of it. Saw the guy with the beer box on TV yesterday. NINE (9) bucks for a beer, such a deal. 216 bucks a case.

12. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Manning has the biggest work ethic I've ever seen in a player. If he's still struggling mid season then we can revisit this subject. I did enjoy watching him absolutely pick apart the steelers defense. I've noticed ever since week one he's not calling as many audibles at the line of scrimmage like I'm accustomed to seeing him do. Not sure what that's about but I suspect when you see him doing more of that then his play will be a lot better.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

He will come back for sure!! Manning at his worst is still a better man the at least half the younger guys out there...whats killing me is watching the horrible officiating out on the field..bad calls, missed calls and lack of control over the games seems to be affecting the outcome of every game WAY more than it should...frustrating just to watch

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I watched some of the Patriots-Ravens game last night and the officials struggled with that one.

15. CalvinMD

Being a Ravens fan I watched the whole game as well as a few others yesterday...the only thing I can say about these replacement refs is the seem to foul up equally bad on both teams so in the end I guess it offsets...but they are definantly having a really obvious affect on the outcomes of games...feel sorry for teams losing that realy should have walked off with a W

16. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Calvin, was the field goal good?

Bellichecker says no.

17. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Must have been all the "beer" that I had yesterday. LOL
    So they can't be all bad. The Steelers always seem to find a way to win.

Rick in MT

edit, now I remember, that's about the time that RedZone quit broadcasting.

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Jason,

I noticed that also. Manning was at his best when he ran the no-huddle, hurry-up offense, and did not allow defensive substitutions. He could audible when he felt the need. I think Fox is limiting his abilities. Maybe because he is new to the offensive plays. He even was getting frustrated there at the end of the game, with the calls being made from the sidelines. He was looking over, and shaking his head allot.

Rick, you have to remember that the AFC West has not been that strong of a Division lately. 9-7 may just win the Division. There is still hope.

19. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I don't understand that. Why would you bring in a player with the unique capabilities of Manning and then limit his control? Maybe there is communication issues, not knowing all the lingo and so on. I can promise the original poster of this thread that no one is more upset about this than Manning and he is not at all satisfied. I've been watching him play for years and he is a perfectionist. Of course if you're not happy having him in Denver then I would love to see them trade him to Chicago for cry baby Cutler.

20. CalvinMD

Yep FG was definantly good...only by a foot but good just the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.