1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When Haux and I went to school

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CalvinMD, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

RULES FOR TEACHERS

1. Teachers each day will fill lamps, clean chimneys.

2. Each teacher will bring a bucket of water and scuttle of coal for the day's session.

3. Make your pens carefully. You may whittle nibs to the individual taste of the pupils.

4. Men teachers may take one evening each week for courting purposes or two evenings a week if they go to church regularly.

5. After ten hours in school, the teachers may spend the remaining time reading the Bible or other good books.

6. Women teachers who marry or engage in unseemly conduct will be dismissed.

7. Every teacher should lay aside from each pay a goodly sum of his earnings for his benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden on society.

8. Any teacher who smokes, uses liquor in any form, frequents pool or public halls, or gets shaved in a barber shop, will give good reason to suspect his worth, intention, integrity and honesty.

9. The teacher who performs his labor faithfully and without fault for five years will be given an increase of twenty-five cents per week in his pay, providing the Board of Education approves.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ah, the good old days.

Remember it well.....I did go to country school for a couple of years. Hated it....But have some fond memories too.

Hell to be old, don't go there.......lol

Hauxfan!

3. Hauxfan

Pretty good, Tron...pretty good! lol

Shootlow was my old teacher.........Hauxfan!

4. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

A four-mile walk through the snow, up-hill BOTH ways, and all sorts of wild critters to snatch you up and take you away.....Been there/done most of that....LOL..merlyn...

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

One thing for sure, when Haux and shootlow went to school they didn't have to study "history"! It hadn't developed yet!

6. Hauxfan

Wrong, Shootlow. It was from the inside cover of a matchbook. Didn't cost all that much either.

If I remember right, it was the same place you got your diploma.

Something about the "Little Man School", or some such name. I think it was out of Shetland, England or somewhere exotic like that. lol

Merlyn, you must have walked the same route I walked. I lived on Crumb Street.

The farther down you went, the crummier it got, and I lived in the last house.

Hauxfan!

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

First liar doesn't stand a chance on this thread. Jeff

8. m70win

m70win Member

I tell my kids they don't know how good they've got it, why when I was your age I had to walk bare foot in the middle of the winter all the way to the TV to change the chanel.Plus it was black and white and we only had 3 chanels.

Tim

9. CalvinMD

I got my diploma from the same matchbook cover,...it was either get the GED, or the other ad.."learn to be a Teamster" subjects like "OTR driver training" (on how to hitch a new team to the wagon)...Emissions Control (how to choose the best place to let ol'paint take a dump!) and other skills needed to keep America Rolling!

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Didn't matches come in big boxes back then? I bet y'all used flints.

11. CalvinMD

Flints? Matches?...we waited for lightning to ignite something and prayed the rain didnt put it out

12. CalvinMD

refering to #6...does this rule still apply today when they are dating their own students?

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

hey shootlow, fire me an email as I have a question.

14. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Devil's Advocate, better be careful. Tron will get you on the GRAMMAR.LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.