1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When Giacomo Dies - What Happens to Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone will eventually become the next Giacomo at the appropriate time. Buy the gun now and don't worry about "what will happen when". There are thousands upon thousands of Perazzi owners who will face the same predicament at that time.

Eric

2. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

Pat Laib Spicer, Minnesota 320-796-2686

3. zinger

zinger Member

Ian, if you knew Giacomo, then you'd already know that his son-in-law Dan has been working under Giacomo for some time now and is very skilled in Perazzi repair. I have had Dan work on my gun and have complete confidence in his abilities. I wouldn't worry.

4. zinger

zinger Member

whoops, sorry for calling you Ian...but you get the drift

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The Perazzi will out live Danial, Giacomo, Luccio and all of us. Many good gunsmiths can work on them now and always will. The standardization of that wonderful gun guarantees it. Jake

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have had Giacomo work on several of my Perazzi guns in the past, and he has always done very good work. I have also had Doug Braker, the Gun Doctor, work on my Perazzi, and his work is as good, and in one case, better, than Giacomo's was. Pat Laib does an exceptional job in re-doing the firing pin holes in Perazzi's with the hardened insert Tom Fox dovetails into the receiver. While Giacomo is known as the Perazzi guru, there are many good gunsmiths out there that can, and will, keep your Perazzi going as long as you own it....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Some years ago there was a person by the name of DeSimone (spelling?). He called his business DeSimones Perazzi Place. He did excellent work and was reasonably priced. Anyone know if hes still around? Gerald

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Still around. Worked at Perazzi in Italy before coming here. Out of Phoenix if I recall correctly. Jake

9. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Giacomo will probably outlive Skeet2day

10. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

nothing will happen to Perazzi. All countless shooters that need service will just have to find another line to stand in. You can always tell how is doing Perazzi repair, it's the longest line in the vendor section.

11. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

You bet it is the longest line. There are more P-guns in the hands of trapshooters than any other my many multiples. They are the best shooting trap gun ever made. And, they have won more events than any other by a wide margin. On the international scene they are even more dominant. At any given Olympics or World Championship they are the choice of moe than 75% of the field in all trap and skeet events. And, they are dependable as can be. When they break down, they can be usually be fixed in no time. Jake

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

My MX-8 is over 8years old.Never touched it. I may change the trigger springs this winter just for the hell of it. Send my K-80 in every year for the suggested maintenance. Necessary? Don't know...but the factory thinks so.

I'd worry more about what model to buy next, and when.

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

When Giacomo dies, Perazzis will become valuless and will be sold to gangbangers who will saw off a foot from the barrels and use them to hold up 7/11s.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

MIA.....the Voices in my head say that I'm OK and don't need rehab!

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Then everyone will go to Raffaele. Just joking!

16. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Again an award winner for bad posting.

Ronb

17. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Make is simple...get a K gun. No rehab needed. Stop fighting the factory.

There is a reason Krieghoff does not make/sell little pouches for spare/backup triggers. You guessed it. There is also a reason there is no independent maker of replacement K triggers, gold plated or not. You guessed it.

No need to read Giacomo's will. Just get a K gun.

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

Lets change the subject a little. Where are all you K Guns guys going to be when the little elves in the black forrest stop making all the little springs and items that JUST have to be replaced every year at service time according to the DerKGUN Furher.

TB

19. 7 straight

7 straight Member

his son-in-law, already, knows more than the factory,reps know. dan is the man

20. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

There is always Rafayelle (sp?). He's probably got plenty of time on his hands.

Eric

(just kidding!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do giacomo gunsmithing accept international jobs