1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

when does the new ata shooting year begin?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    i need the month, date, year.
    steve balistreri

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

the current rummer is,,,11/1/08,,,but try asking Neil W,,,,or search the old threads,,,,he did post an answer,,,,when your shooter info on ATA site changes from 2008 to 2009,,,that will be a good indecatior,Bill,,,AS PER THE ATA WEB SITE,,,,,,,,,,,,2009 Target Year
    The 2008 Target year will end on October 31, 2008.

The 2009 Target year will begin on November 1, 2008 and end on August 31, 2009.

Each target year thereafter will be from September 1 to August 31.

3. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

This year the 2008-2009 year begins Nov 1, 2008 and ends August 31,2009. The target year for 2007-2008 was Sept 1, 2007 thru Oct 31, 2008. They were going to change it to Nov 1 to Nov 1 but decided against it.

Hope that makes sense and helps you.

Lorna

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!
    steve

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I thought I read that the targets shot from Sep 1 2008 through Oct 31, 2008 will count toward the Grand American target count.

So when do I start my new average card? Sep 1? or Nov 1? or Both?

Jason

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jason- Start your new card on Nov. 1. Your Sept/Oct 2008 targets will be in the classification computer and will count toward target minimum requirements for the Grand only.

Pat Ireland

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Good question...anybody??

8. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

If the friend is a "new shooter" he will not have to rejoin in November. He will be covered for the 2009 target year.

Shoot well,

Jim

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I would have him call the ATA office on that one to be sure. Just a thought.

Lorna :eek:)

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

So what is the target year going to be next year?

Will we get a full 12 months that we pay for or are they going to change the year to end in August or September or some other time?

I think this is all just some sort of conspiracy to get extra money from us all because they are funneling it to Sparta bribing them to keep the place open so the ATA does not lose face with the members and have to once again find a new place to call its homegrounds ... yep ... its all just a conspiracy!

Uh oh ... gotta go ... they have it on whisper mode but I just saw the shadow of the skyblue heliochopper outside and that can only mean "they" are watching me again ... I sure hope they dont put me back in that special place again ... if they do I might miss the end of the target year.

11. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Interesting how that move was also done the same time NW was the President of the ATA but ... well ... it was not a good thing like many other ... uh oh I think there coming to get me NOW cause I think it just landed.

12. pa pete

pa pete Member

"Do not be afraid! We are from the Government, we are here to help you!"
    "Pete" McDonough

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

The target year change was made to relieve office pressures and it will do that this year. But, the burden the move placed on shooters became apparent, so the decision was reversed.

Mr Newbius©- You have just demonstrated a lack of factual knowledge about both this matter and the funding of Sparta. If you wish other readers to seriously consider your opinions, you must first be serious.

Pat Ireland

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

K-80 Jim said "If the friend is a "new shooter" he will not have to rejoin in November. He will be covered for the 2009 target year"

If I were your friend I wouldn't bet the Farm or my membership on those words.

I think shotgunfun's advice is the best so far.

Bob Lawless

15. ivanhoe

Mr Newbius once again you have made another of the type of posts you are famous for.

"I think this is all just some sort of conspiracy to get extra money from us all because they are funneling it to Sparta bribing them to keep the place open so the ATA does not lose face with the members and have to once again find a new place to call its homegrounds"

Absolutely let me see 1 year $20=14 months. Another year $20=10 months 2 year total=24 months=$40

Normal year $20=12 months. Another year $20=12 months. 2 year total=24 months =$40.

Yep its a conspiracy with extra money to bribe the State of Ill. to keep the WRC open. Mr. Newbuis or no brains which ever the case may be. Don't you think it will take a long while to raise that bribe money at the current rate of money gathered by the conspiracy.

Honestly lump don't you think you should limit your posting to a time when you are sober or off the drugs. If you have nothing better than this jewel of common sense to offer you have to be either drunk on drugs or stupid of course that is JMO.

Bob Lawless

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Interesting question... We had several join Sept 7th, 2008 to shoot our Mich team shoot.Are they good till Sept, 2009 or do they have to rejoin Nov 1, 2008???

Section 3: Annual Members.
    (a) Annual memberships may be secured for each year, with the
    membership year beginning on September 1 (November 1, beginning 2008),
    upon submission of written application the form of which shall be determined
    by the Executive Committee or Board of Directors, and upon the payment of
    a membership fee, the amount of which shall be determined from time to time
    by the Executive Committee or Board of Directors, and upon approval of the
    applicant’s qualifications and character, and upon proof that said applicant is
    a member in good standing of his/her State or Provincial Association.

Membership Packages
    The ATA offers two membership packages; annual and life. An annual membership is only $20 while life memberships are $500. Sub-Junior and Junior annual dues are $12. The membership year runs September 1 through October 31, 2008.

17. ivanhoe

BigM-Perazzi I would say judging by past years(and the only thing that is different is the year ending date)if you are a member and during the existing target year you send in your dues it is applied to next year. If you have not been a member in the current year and you send in the App and payment in one to two months before the end of the year and you shoot that day you will need to rejoin again at the beginning of the next target year.

At least that is the way it has been in the past. Now I am not sure anymore as I do not understand how a simple date change can cause so much confusion.

Bob Lawless

18. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Pat Just what pressure is being relieved ? August would look like any other month on paper .

ALF

19. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

I should have mentioned in my earlier post that my information was from the ATA office and is a fact. All NEW MEMBERS joining now will be covered through the 2009 target year. Our goal is to encourage new members and charging them twice in the first months of their membership doesn't meet the goal.

Shoot well,

Jim

20. ivanhoe

K-80 Jim if that is case I apologize and I feel that this is good news. I have said for a long time that the ATA needs to find a way to pro-rate the membership for those that join in mid summer.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.