1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When did target yr. start?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Looked on the ATA website for the online rule book but couldn't find it. When did the 2009 target year start. At work and updating my card for the zone shoot this weekend and am away from my rulebook. Thanks.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The 2009 target year started first of November, 2008, and will end August 31, 2009.

Neil

3. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

but any targets shot after the grand 2008, will count towards this year,s target requirements..dk

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Birdog, I think that will only apply for this years Grand.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Not again? Not again? Not again?

Curt

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BigM-Perazzi

"but any targets shot after the grand 2008, will count towards this year,s target requirements"

BigM it would seem to me that birdog was pretty clear what those targets were for as he did mention target requirements yet didn't mention Average yearly or otherwise.

Bob Lawless

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Curt, why with the not again....I looked for my answer and didn't find it. I asked here. What's with the negativity?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. BigM-Perazzi

Well Bob L. I obviously was making it clear that his comment did not apply to the original post question.

9. ivanhoe

JB Logan Co. Ohio well Jerry it might have something to do with the fact that this has been discussed on this forum in the neighborhood of a half dozen times.

So people get tired of reading the same old thing over and over again that is probably why he reacted negatively.

BigM

"I'm sure his Zone isn't interested in last years targets for their target requirements."

Any State or Zone that has a target based on target requirement for the present year may fall under the target requirement statement.

The original post question has nothing to do with averages either.

Bob Lawless

10. BigM-Perazzi

Thanks for the clarification, Bob. But, you obviously were too fast on the cut

and paste as I had already edited out the reference to zone and State

requirements.

But, just for you, I have additionally edited my post to only apply to his

question.

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Ivanhoe- I clearly stated that I was at work and had only a very short time to get my answer. I looked on tyhe ATA homepage for the rule book (also clearly stated) and found nothing. I didn't have time to do a search for previous postings. I have read them previously myself. When I found nothing to satisfy my queries in the time I had, I posted my question so I could come back to it when I had another short break. No attitude was given out, why was some sent back?

Just because some things are asked, discussed etc once does that mean that the subject is NEVER to be asked/discussed again? Why do some on hear think that they are the gods to TS.com? If one wants to make the rules then just start another forum and be king.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. ivanhoe

JB Logan Co. Ohio

"Just because some things are asked, discussed etc once does that mean that the subject is NEVER to be asked/discussed again? Why do some on hear think that they are the gods to TS.com? If one wants to make the rules then just start another forum and be king."

Why does this irritate you? You asked a question and got an answer in the first two responses to your question. One from RickN and one from Neil. So what is with the chip on your shoulder?

You state that.

"I clearly stated that I was at work and had only a very short time to get my answer."

Seems funny to me you only had a short time to get an answer but you seem to have plenty of time to make sure you are getting a pi$$ing contest started over the subject all over again.

Give it a rest all I did was explain to you why the negativity.

BTW just what make you think that anyone owes you an explanation when you take time out of your busy schedule to pick a fight. You got your answer why don't you leave it at that. Everyone has their own reason for posting a comment so why is it you seem to think that your is unimpeachable and deserves no negativity? One would think you believe your business is more important.

Bob Lawless

13. BigM-Perazzi

Interesting, checked my scores on the ATA site. My November 5 & 8th 2008 scores are posted for 2008, not 2009.....

So my 2009 avg computation will not be the same as the ATA site?

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

FUBAR?

Curt

15. ivanhoe

BigM-Perazzi

"checked my scores on the ATA site. My November 5 & 8th 2008 scores are posted for 2008, not 2009.....

BigM you should call the ATA and get it corrected so it doesn't come back and bite you in the A@@ later.

Bob Lawless

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

BigM-Perazzi - It is possible, although not very probable, that the targets you shot in early November were at a multi-day shoot that began in October. If that is the case, the scores would be entered for your 2008 record. The critical date is when the shoot begins, not when it ends.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.