Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

When did rude become cool

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Landshark 
#1 ·
copper,how true.We never had a whole lot when I was a kid at home.

Anyone that came at meal time. Mom would always get a plate out and put on the table for them.My wife will not let anyone set at the table with a hat on to this day.

Bo

#5 ·
sCHOOL TEACHER IS RIGHT.

Civilized people are not rude. Unfortunately, the negative reinforcement necessary to create civilized children has been outlawed.

If you punish your child at home the guidance counselor at school will get the cops on your ass.

I'm glad I don't have to try raising children these days.

HM

#6 ·
As a high school teacher I see this rude behavior all the time form students. Girls fighting, students telling teachers to f&$(off, students walking past someone that needs help and laughing or ignoring the situation. It starts at home and if kids don't get it there it's hard for schools to instill comon courtesy in kids. Had a student tell me to "kiss his ass" the other day, felt like telling him to mark a spot off as he was all ass, but I had him put out of school for two days instead he hasn't said a word since he got back.

#8 ·
I have family that drives school bus.They can fill you in on these kids of today.

We have a short bus here that hauls one kid 16 miles round trip to school because he is nothing but trouble.Yes,he is the only one on the bus.

I would love to see that little SOB walk it.My tax are paying for #hit like this.

Bo

#9 ·
Having recently retired as a school administrator and tough disciplinarian, I ended up about 90% of the time fighting with the parents of the problem kids, or their attorney. Asst Supt thought I was too tough on the poor parents. Oh, darn!

I just call it the Acorn Syndrome. It doesn't fall far from the tree.

Had a trouble-maker sent to my office who told me to "F**C YOU!" I told him first off, that would be anatomically impossible and then sent him home for 5 days... probably should have sent for 10. Parent called to complain then he'd miss all this classroom instruction... no apology of course for the language. I wanted to say, "So what, he'll never pass, and he should have thought about that first!" but couldn't.

He is NOW in the SD State Penitentiary - IMAGINE THAT! Parent should have accompanied him.

Had a mother tell me I could not discipline her son ever! After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, she filed a Citizen's Complaint against me with the School Board. That didn't go very far. Guess what? That kid has been in and out of jail many times now.

The stories just go on and on.

Consensus in my opinion - kids learn, or fail to, from those around them, namely their parents. In my up-bringing there was fear of God and fear of hell at home if I got into trouble.

My father was not strict, but he expected respect for those older and me, and we were not to tarnish the family name.

Hell, we can't even divulge adolescents' names when they are in trouble. I vote for publishing things like: "The son/daughter of Mr, & Mrs. So-and-so was arrested for..." Don't divulge the kid's name, just the stupid parents'.

#10 ·
I think "school-teacher" hit the nail on the head ...

I was quite a hand full when I was in high school and got into a hallway fist fight with another student after he sucker punched me ... We were separated by the Football Coach and taken the the Principles Office ... Mr. Mundt was the schools Principle and he was big by any and all standards and had hands that seemed like they could wrap around a basketball ... We were advised that there was a rule in this school that if any two students got into a fight it was to be settled in front of the entire school with boxing gloves on, so there was no mistake who the clear cut winner was ... Make a long story short I was the clear cut winner and was congratulated by all of my friends, classmates, and the Coach ... The following Monday I was called down to Mr Mundt's office and he also congratulated me on my overwhelming defeat ... He then proceeded to advise me that there was more to the rule about fighting in his school, then explained that the winner of the fight between the two students had to put the gloves on with him and this was also to take place in front of the entire school so there would be no mistake as to who was the clear cut winner ... Friday came and down to the GYM we all went about 1:30 PM where all of the matts and ropes were all set up for the Grand Finale ... I was told to put on my GYM suit and the gloves by the Coach and off we went to the Gym which was full of the student body by now ... Mr.Mundt obviously didn't have gym suit because he still had on his street clothes with the exception of having his tie tucked and boxing gloves on he looked like he looked everyday except bigger ... I figured there was no way this was going to be real so I started shadow boxing and throwing a few short jabs in his direction when all at once he hit me like the kick of a Mule and down I went ... I felt weak and sick beside hurting like hell and having a head ache like you'd never believe ... I looked at Mr. Mundt and he said if I get up he was going to hit me again ... I looked at the Coach and he just schrugged his shoulders as if to say theres more where that came from so I just stayed down on the matt ... When I got home my face was all puffed up and bright red (soon to be black and blue) all on one side and my Uncle (who I lived with) asked me what happened and I told him it was a long story, he said make it short so I explained it all to him and he said Mr. Mundt had called and told him that I was getting to big for my own good and he got permission to do what ever had to be done if I agreed to the fight with him ... The following Monday Mr.Mundt called me down to his office and congratulated me for showing up because I was the first student that ever did for such a lesson ... I learned a lot that day and its a day that I will never forget ... If it had not been for people like the Coach, Mr.Mundt,a few of my Teachers and my Uncles I probably would off been in trouble for most of my life, so I owe them and Thank them often even now that I am getting older ... I actually seem to appreciate that they bothered enough to care when I was young and think the kids today are missing out on a lot when it comes to the lacking of disipline and a good ass kicking if its needed ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (This is a true story, I was there, I know for sure) ...

#13 ·
Ah, good memories.

Mr. Orville Schranck was the metal shop teacher. He was built like Rudy Etchen.

He was also a former professional wrestler. If a kid messed up he got to go in front of the class while Mr. Schranck demonstrated wrestling holds on him.

I got the half nelson. NO one ever went up there twice.

HM

#14 ·
My retired secretary loved to tell the story about her older brother that decided at age 16 that the state of Minn. didn't make you go to school any longer and he was done. The next morning her dad informed him that he was going to school and they argued, she said her dad walked up to the son and decked him, when he woke up he got his clothes on and never said he was quitting school again. She claims her brother was very proud to tell the story in later years. Today the father would be put in jail.KIds like guidance AND discipline. Glenn

#15 ·
How about kids who call 911?! Friends with a troubled kid have police come to the house and they start a "domestic disturbance file" for the address. It snowballs from there.

I said to the parents - she's 17, she doesn't like the rules under your roof, tell her to find one she likes better... Oh they couldn't do that! Wasn't soon after the dad was arrested for grabbing the kid's arm and putting her into her bedroom - she filed a complaint for domestic abuse.

She's now 19, folks paying for college and the kid has a mouth like a sewer spewing filth at the parents - can someone explain to me why anyone would put up with that?!

I spoke with our police - apart from true "battery", a parent can discipline a child - we need to get "big brother" out of parenting...

Jay

#16 ·
When I was hiring people, this whole matter was quite noticable. I came to the point where I hired veterans every chance I got. A fair amount of that was gratitude for their service but the major factor was that I knew they had discipline instilled in them from their experience. The discipline was obvious in that they were reliable. They showed up, on time and did a fair days work for a fair days wage. Pretty basic stuff but you could not say the same for the population as a whole.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.