1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When ATA Registered Wobble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Roger C said:

"On another note; How many of you remember when the ATA had wobble trap at many of the Grands and state shoots. They also registered them."

I don't. This is very interesting. What years did this happen? Did they publish averages in T&F? Does anyone have a T&F with those averages that they can scan and post?

2. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Did they publish the Wobble rules in the rulebook? Does anyone have one of these around?

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You'll have to ask Neil. Nicely...

On second thought, forget it.

4. pdq

pdq Member

One of the clubs where I shoot does wobble with the launcher cranked up to max speed -- lots of fun.

Pete

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You get on here acting like some arrogant Messiah talking how we should be good students as you will teach us something and lead us to the promise land. You refuse to answer questions posed to you. Now you want someone to help you get some answers??

Are you F'n serious dude??

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You get on here like some arrogant Messiah talking how we should be good students as you will teach us something. You refuse to answer questions posed to you. Now you want someone to help you get some answers??

Are you F'n serious dude??

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wobble out of a conventional traphouse is a poor substitute for anything. Wobble traps are best set with the traphouse roof at ground level. Since no traphouse like that would meet ATA standards the presentations often stink and the game will not go anywhere and never did. Those of us who've done both will understand.

Now in Indy's case (the world Outers manual trap champion) he cannot understand the implications as his foot trap lies at his feet!!

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Please, don't patronize this dork. Hes got a bug in his butt about changing things to his liking & will argue with anyone who disagrees. He lites the fuse and pours fuel on the fire but produces nothing worthwhile. Until we can wean the unknowing, Richard Cranium can go on preaching to the masses and being a true A**hole as he has demonstrated in the past. His followers will dwindle and he'll go the way of some before him. PS You can block me from your P.M. list as well, but on second thought, I have nothing to contribute to your efforts. If your name appears at the lead, it's another thread I can skip.

Big Jack

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We shot modified Int'l at the Ohio Stae Shoot one year, and Fred Bischel's daughter Kathy cleaned out clocks, If memory serves me right it was a non-registered event. This was at least 30 years ago.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be called the AWA (Amateur Wobble Association) instead of the ATA (Amateur Trap Association).

Why shoot a totally different game at a Trapshooting event?

11. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

It was before my time, but I believe it was called 'Continental Trap'. More than that I don't know, except that there were such events at the Grand.

-JFW

12. running bear

running bear Member

I thought Indy knew all the answer?

Buck

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

The event at the Grand was called modified international. It was being thrown in 73 when I went for the first time. I believe it ended for the final time in the mid 80's. In the beginning, two shots were allowed and it would take generally 100 to win. We didn't have it for two or three years and then it was reintroduced with a handicap assignment. Only one shot was allowed at that time.

14. WCR

WCR TS Member

I shot the modified international event at the Grand I believe in 71 it was shot form the 21 or 22 yard line and two shots per target if needed. Shells for that event were 3-1/4 dram 1-1/4 oz of shot. I got remington shells at the shell house and they were high brass. If I remember correctly I broke an 82.

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Incidentally, Leo was a dominant force at this game as well.

16. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

I remember Elgin Gates winning the International Trap event at the Grand in the early 70's. He listed that on his Safari Club resume ever after....

"Elgin Gates Winner of the Grand American Trap Tournament in 1972. "

People told me there were about 15 to 20 serious entrants in the Grand American International Event that year, That aspect was neglected to be mentioned by Elgin. I did not know they shot from the 21 yard line with two 3 1/4 oz. shells, pretty fun. It died due to lack of interest.

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There was a beautiful bronze (I think) trophy made just for the event. A photo of that trophy graced the cover of the Grand program one year (maybe 1975's) An eagle landing on a globe over a big base. All the winners names have been engraved there. If memory serves I believe the trophy was co-sponsored by the ATA and the NRA. It's in the Hall of Fame last I knew.

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

In the early years the game was shot from the 17yd line I believe. Couldn't understand why one yard was a difference maker.

19. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Thanks for the info. Good Trap history here.

Where was the Cigar City Gun Club? Google isn't giving up its secrets.

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I hope everyone is happy now the mega troll is getting fat on the information you are feeding him. Keep giving him information and he will never go away . The sooner you all learn to ignore the worthless troll the better you will be.
    JMO

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.