1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

When a Dog Passes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Unsingle, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Wow, I just read this about a dog passing. It will bring a tear to your eye if you have ever lost a loving dog. I hope it is true!

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

I posted the Rainbow Bridge on my Facebook page when my great Irish Wolfhound died in my arms on the 29th.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only one to do so but the timing is right.

Mine would have been posted as James William Marshall

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

If that's true, I better bring a pocketful of treats. I've had at least five that were like kids to me. Bill

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'm very sorry for your loss Drgondog.

D.P.Reynolds

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Dog's Plea author unknown

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world
    is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your
    hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more
    quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music,
    as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your
    footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated
    animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater
    glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do
    your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able
    to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health,
    hearing and sight, do make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not
    having any fun.

Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this Earth
    knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in
    your hands.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bill sorry to hear about your dog, we just went through the same thing twice, exactly three weeks apart

7. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

Dogs & Men

By Ben Ames Williams

A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If a boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men.

8. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Every time I read the Rainbow Bridge It really gets the tear ducts flowing. A

loving Dog for a pal and when the times came comes when they leave us is

really rough. Thankful for memories of all that left me behind. Going to be

one hell of a reunion when my time comes. Ken U

9. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Sorry for your loss. As a gun dog trainer, trialer, and hunter I have lots of memories over the past 52 years.But you have to remember what Kipling said about dogs. "The cost of owning a good dog is a broken heart at the end."
    Live Well
    Wayne

10. drgondog

drgondog Member

Thanks to all of you. Dog people understand. I am surrounded by 18 urns of Treasured companions that I will someday join along with my best friend - my wife.

Keeper was athe latest and soon to be number 19. The first pic was a month ago. The second was seven years ago as a 7 month old 100 pound puppy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. emm2

emm2 Member

Sorry for your loss. My dogs are my best buddies and it hurts like hell when they leave us.

12. hardrock

hardrock TS Member

thanks for sharing. treasure the memories , till we meet again.

13. EEB

EEB Member

Thanks for posting this. Our Jack Russell Lizzie passed yesterday after a lingering illness. She was 14 and lived a great life. Our lives are all better because of dogs.

14. drgondog

drgondog Member

I love Rescue - we do mostly Irish Wolfhounds, Scottish Deerhounds and Grayounds.. its a way of paying back for all the love we receive and never able to truly repay.

15. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Terrible, terrible when you lose one of your best friends! One of the hardest things we've ever had to deal with. Still missing our 2 labbies-15yrs old. We have not gotten new ones.

Don't know if we ever will; when these 2 went it was too heart breaking. That was a year, and 2 years ago.

My prayers go out to all who have lost loved pets. They are the best and a real blessing from God for us to enjoy while we have them.

Jeff

16. drgondog

drgondog Member

Puablo - from a guy who has lost a lost of 'best friends' - do NOT deny yourself more of the companionship of these great Creatures from the rest of your life.

Each one brings something wonderful and unique to add richness to Both of your lives

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

My ESSFT best friend died almost three years ago and I make sure I avoid seeing pictures of him. I avoid all the places we hunted and walked. The day he died, a part of me died with him......

18. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'm like Bangalore. I continue to rescue Wires but I don't much look at my pictures of the ones that have gone ahead. It's just too painful.

19. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I think the greatest tribute one can pay to a lost canine pal is to rescue another.

20. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.