1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wheels for americase

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looking for some ideas for putting wheels and a handle on my americase (something removable). Mainly for the convenience of going to and from the hotel room in the morning and evening (lugging around a 35+lb gun case is not my idea of fun at 8am or 8pm).

Americase has a wheel kit, but my case has a factory nylon case cover, which would have to be modified by them to use the wheels, and a permanent handle on the end would have to be installed per their website, which I really don't want to do.

Barring a better idea, I will just get the americase wheels and have velcro sewn onto the case cover itself aftermarket, but I'm curious if someone has come up with a better idea.

2. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Skeet, check with Doug Hubbard the Gun Smith and he manufacturers gun cases also. Doug posts on here as Beaker100 and his phone is 573-286-9905. He has wheels as well as the handle for the end. The wheels are like the ones they use on Tume luggage. The end wheels are easily removable. Doug is bringing me two sets to the Spring Grand.

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Check Beakers thread of Dec 4th. Shows the wheels and handles. Just rivet them on.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

How about a folding luggage cart?
    For about $20.00 - $30.00. Yea, it's something extra to carry, but it's also versatile and it folds up.
    I have one made by Magna Cart and when I need it, it works fine. No mods necessary to the gun case. YOu could even put more than 1 case on it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd actually thought about that, and have been doing some investigating. Unfortunately, after looking at the design of my case cover, it looks like it would take significant modification to make a setup like that work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.