1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wheel Weights-$How much to buy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbob, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

How much are used wheel weights selling for in large quantity. I know many places give them away for free. I have an opportunity to buy a large quantity and I want to be educated on a fair price. Also, can I expect to get 50% usable lead out of the wheel weights after melted? Thanks, Duke

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"I know many places give them away for free."

Load up on those free wheel weights you know about. Take them all. What you don't use yourself, you can sell to others for $.30-$.40 per pound. Your net yield should be at least 80%.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Free" is the best deal you can get and then it don't matter how much yeild you get out of them because its all profit ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I buy wheel wights for $20 a 5 gallon bucket.

5. chickenlegs

chickenlegs TS Member

i pay .17 per # yield 68--72%

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Chickenlegs: thanks for the response, sounds like you have been down that road. Do you make shot? With only wheel weights? Any tidbits of advice will be helpful. I appreciate the information. Duke

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

jbmOU, you're getting a good deal at $20 per 5 gal. bucket....of course free is better, but one will spend a lot of time looking for free ones in large quantities. A 5 gal. bucket just cost me $35 but when you figure 170lbs. x 70% = 119 lbs, nearly 5 bags for $35 + 15 for smelting and dripping it's a lot better than the $76 for two bags of 5's I bought today.

Buz

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I been looking for lead to stock up, I bought a large batch in spring .10xlb. Now I have 2 free sorces. They are by no means a large supply. I then have a few others that I pay 30.00 for full 5g bucket no trash. I also on a small scale been getting shot from club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.