1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whay is you dog's name? - Why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdogs, Jul 7, 2013.

1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Whay is you dog

About 12 years ago, the New York Yankees set a new major league record for games won in a single season. Although I am not a Yankee fan, I named my new Pointer pup "Yankee".

I used to commute from New Jersey to Boston. While in Boston I found a brand new beer named Samuel Adams which i liked and brought back to New Jersey every chance I got. I named my new Setter pup "Samuel Adams".

I bred my Setter to my Daughjter's bitch. The pups were born at my daughter's house. Her name is Grace and we call her house graceland. I kept a male pup who I named "Elvis" since he was born at Graceland.

2. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

I had two Beagles, one named "Tiki" the other "Digit". Tiki I bought as a pup from a retired police officer. He was in Florida at a tiki bar when his wife called and told him that the puppies were just born. His wife and kids named all the pups but one and sence he was at a tiki bar.........Digit, have you ever known a dog called digit before? Just an easy name for the kids to remember. My beloved Beagles are dead now and my children are married and gone. Pretty quite in this old house these days. Dan, ( Md)

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

My Lab Rudy was named by the lady that had him first because as a pup she stuck her nose into a pail of red paint and via Santa's Rudolph she was named Rudy. Worked for me. almost 11 and still acts like a pup, but an old pup.

4. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

my new pup is -stella artois(a female -after the beer) her mothers name is guiness

my older jack Russell is sasha - no reason

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The two Great Danes that we had were J and K, after the characters on the movie Men In Black, K was almost pure white and his brother J was almost pure black

But my wife names every animal that comes on the farm

6. Woodduck

Woodduck Member

My Lab's name is Bodie named after my good friend and hunting partner. Many posters and readers on this site knew Ron and shopped at his store. He never could beat the idea that his prices were to high but he usually had what you needed or wanted to hunt, fish or shoot. Bodie was his nickname from way back when and now I hunt with his namesake.

Dennis Grau

7. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo named our new mini schnauzer Fredrick the Great, after the King of Prussia, the last monarch who actually led his troops. Since he was only 3 pounds when we got him, I just call him Fred, unless he is in big trouble, then it's Fredrick Harrison!

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My dog's name is Pussy. I just like yelling "Pussy" when it's time for him to come in. Named after my favorite plant, the pussy willow, of course. :)

9. Millwright

Millwright Member

I named my dog Stains....that way when I call for him people hear me yell "Come Stains!"

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Riley, because my dog lives the life of Riley ... If he only knew how well off he has got it, who knows ..? When he was a pup he thought his name was Riley no, still does at times ... WPT .. (YAC) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1538.jpg

11. 1oz

1oz Member

Bojangles ,When he was smaller he would dance around and bark .

12. hamm3839

hamm3839 TS Member

Six month old female Brittany we call "JR". Looks like her dad.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My minature Datsun is 13 and named HELO as when they went to pick him out the little boy that was there could not talk plain and said, Oooh, he low to da gown so that stuck with him. I trained him with my lab and he turned out to be the best retriever I ever had. You should have seen him dragging ducks while walking backwards because his legs were too short for him to carry them forward. He will also blood trail deer for me. I will surely miss him when he's gone. Jackie B..

14. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

Are 11 year old female Tibetan Terrier name is Scruffie ..... she knows that she has the life around here.

Why we name her Scruffie is she looks kind of scruffie at times.

rickinohio_2009_2704214.jpg

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My female black labs name is Aja...pronounced Asia,..its Hindi for dark and beautiful woman

16. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Our dogs name is Richard, just seems to fit.
    trapshootinhippie_2008_030311.jpg

17. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Red heeler--not worth a flip but a fun little dog. Names TRAPPER call him Trap.
    Did it just because the skeeters at our club don't have a dog by their name.

18. JRW

JRW Member

Our 2nd JRT is Rikey when we lost our first JRT Riley wife tried to repeat that name we settled on Rikey.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My late dog became simply known as Stoopid Mutt.

20. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

current dog boxer named Gunner, its a cool name and a chiahiaua named Gomez...yea chiahiuca is not spelled correctly

Search tags for this page

whay dog name is dog