1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Whatta ya mean I can't say Merry Christmas!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Onceabum, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

To all those who tell me it is no longer correct to say Merry Christmas......up yours! I'm tired of trying to please the so called do-gooders and everyone else who is working so hard to give away the USA.!

AND, if I have offended some liberals or illegals or anyone that doesn't like the way I feel about my country........Good!

Now I feel better. Merry Christmas to all on this site and have a great new year.

BB

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Big Biz has decided that Merry Christmas is not PC....so employees are instructed to say Happy Holidays.

So when I get a Happy Holidays I say " And a Merry Christmas to you, even hough you are not allowed to say it." I always get a big smile from them.

Merry Christmas to all!

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Nobody has taken offence to my wishing them a Merry Christmas (and I make a point of wishing EVERYONE a Merry Christmas)...yet....the time may come and when it does, I'll just smile and wish it to them again!!

Ron Burr

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Heard that a Lowe's store fired an employee for wearing a "It's Called CHRISTMAS For CHRIST'S Sake" button,,,,and they sell Nativity Scenes,,,,little hypocrisy???????

6. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Happy Holidays is just plain stupid........:(

MERRY CHTRISTMAS is correct & screw the rest!

7. Juno

Juno TS Member

To those wierdos offended when wished a Merry Christmas I would like to not only say "Happy holidays" but I'd also like to say "shove it up your a$$"!
    [​IMG]

8. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

The gun club that I belong to rings the bell for the Salvation Army. To those people who don't know the group we the club will pick one day to ring the bell. We take 2 hour shifts till about 8:00pm. Your gun club can do the same and get credit for doing so. Not all people are people being helped by the Salvation Army. Any way I have been doing this for about 7 years. This year I have seen people less happy and when they go by I do say MERRY CHRISTMAS. I get nothing at all. They just look right through you. Others will just smile. Then you have those who will say SAME AT YOU, SAME TO YOU, THEN HAPPY HOLIDAYS. I would say about 30% of the people would say Merry Christmas back to you. To those who don't like Merry Christmas when I'm out and about I will gladly say MERRY CHRISTMAS to them just to piss them off and say to those who say Merry Christmas back to me thanks for doing so.

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have been know to load a shopping cart with goodies,get in the checkout line,hear "Happy Holidays" from the clerk and leave the cart where it stands as I go out the door.

If they want my business I had better hear Merry Christmas or something similar!

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Then there must be those who would do the same spiteful, childish thing if they heard Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays. Did you ever stop and think that perhaps the clerk was just following company policy?

Eric

11. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Since I have no way of knowing which holiday you're going to celebrate (news flash, Christmas isn't the only holiday at this time of year) I simply say "Happy Holidays" and leave the rest up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.