1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smifshot, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

Need to get my 14 year old grand daughter a shotgun and am looking at ab 1100 20 ga lightweight. Two shooters at my club say they are not a reliable gun and they malfunction a lot. Any one have have any hands on experience?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Depends on what you want to do with it. It will be fine for Trap singles or caps. Not up to date as far as Skeet or Sporting Clays is concerned. At her age, I can't imagine it being used to the point where excessive wear is of any concern. Yeah, go for it, it's a GREAT starter gun!

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Cabela's is selling the 11-87 Youth with laminated wood for $549 in 20 or 12 ga. with three chokes. On the advice of Ken Rucker I bought one for my grandson and his mother. I will load 3/4 oz. @ 1,150 fps. I don't care if it will cycle or not. I just want to get them started shooting.

HBT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.