1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your best round of trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The best round that I had was with a father and son and two other shooters and myself. All but one shot 25. The other person shot a 23. I had already shot way before my first 25. The father and son shot their first 25 together and so did the other guy. So all in all we had 3 first 25 shooter and we got to shoot 3 hats. HE HE HE. No hat lives from that on our range. They wore their hats with pride as torn up as they were.

2. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I shot my first straight 25 last Saturday :) I was super excited and ended up getting a cool 25 Straight Remington patch from the owner. Ironically enough, my dad ran 25 straight during the same match. (not his first one) but still really neat to do during the same match.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I would like to think it hasn't happened yet ... something to look forward to. But there sure have been a lot of great days.

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

nicely done! now you know you can do it every time you step to the line.

K

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The best round I ever shot was the one in the shootoff that won me the K-80 Trap Special at the PA state shoot.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This is not incredible nor is it my best but oh so memorable. I was shooting at Ellensberg GC in Ellensberg Washington in 2001 or 2002. we had a 27yd 30 bird triple buddy shoot. I was about 60 and was shooting with a very good friend who was celebrating his 92nd birthday and his 50+ year old son. We all three broke every one of our targets with no backup shots fired in a strong wind. I was so happy for my 92 year old friend I was shaking like a leaf. I will never forget it or him. He is still alive and can still shoot occasionally. I think about him every day and wish I still lived close. That means more to me than any 100 striaght I have had

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My one and only 100 straight in singles when my son and my best friend were on my sqaud....and the 98's in doubles I shot at the '94 Montana State and Alberta Provincial shoots...and the 125X125 squad I was on in Great Falls, MT....

8. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Mine was the 1st time I watched the sun rise over the trap fields at Elysburg. What a great site to behold.

9. carpk

carpk TS Member

I have been coaching with a youth team for four years. My squad of high schoolers have shot rounds of 124 several times. This is very exciting as a coach.

Ken

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

The first 100 straight I ran at an ATA shoot at the club I belonged to. Had to run two more 25 straights in a shoot off to finally win. I was in class A.

The next was an out of town ATA shoot, before the one mentioned above, where my gun had broke broke and I had to borrow one there that was for sale. I missed the first four targets finding out where the gun shot. I finished with a 195 to win the class. 21,25,25,25,25,25,24,25. I bought the gun. I was in class D I think, and had not shot too many ATA events at that time. Ray

11. maka

maka Member

I participated in our local club shoot shoot 25 first round and 23 at 25 yrd. line. Guy marking bought me a 25 patch because he knew I would wind up high gun.

12. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

My first 25.

13. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The next one I get to shoot. Bob

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

23-25-25-25 (singles) followed by 25-25-24-23 caps-the 125 bird run was & is my best till date.

Phil Berkowitz

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Years ago at tha Prado, Ca ... just before Handicap, a very strong wind came up and many shooters pulled out.

when my squad came up ... there were only 2 of us left. Myself and an older gentlman named Bob ( forget his last name) who was in his mid 80s.

He was all worried about being able to finish all 100 rounds because it would be too fast with just 2 of us shooting, and that he would get too tired.

I pointed out that there was a full squad ahead of us and that we could take all the time we wanted ... and still be able to rest between traps. Told him to set the pace and that I would be careful not to push him.
    As we walked up on the last trap ... he was amazed that he wasn't tired yet ... and I encouraged him to still take his time shooting.

After we were done, he was thrilled that he had shot a 94 and told me congratulations on your 100! I started laughing, because I had spent all my effort watching, pacing and encouraging him that I had not even paid attention to my score.

None of the other 100s that I have ever shot made me feel as good as his smile that day!

16. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

My best day was watching my 15 year old son win $1000 in the handicap options. 3 25's and a 23. I ask him why he missed those 2 birds on the last trap and he said he was counting his money.
    Carey

17. RJ

RJ TS Member

My first 25 straight was back in 1984. I was shooting 16 yard registered targets on a Sunday afternoon at the Ben Avery shooting range. I had shot 25 straights several times but only in practices, and had been for several years. But never any during a registered match. I've shot a couple 50 straights and a couple 75 straights, but as I said before only in practices. What made it memorable was one of the ladies on the squad I was on turned me into the manager for several different things like, moving around after I had taken a shot and not carrying my gun correctly during a station change. Two funny things I was squad captain and started off at station 1. I had run the atraight on the last 25 of this shoot. I knew the manager very well,he told me about the complaint and said don't worry about it. Later on we started shooting the handycaps. I had most of the same prople on this squad to. The complainer was also one. I started on station 1. I ran my first 50 straight during this shoot. The third 25 and the forth 25 again. I was on the 22 yard line and the rest were 22 yards ir within two yards there of.
    With the 50 straight I only shot an 88 but it was funny she complained to the manager again that I was sand bagging to bring in only an 88 even with a 50 straight in there. He told her he didn't want to ever hear any of her complaints ever again that they were petty and childish. (RichinAz.orinnameonly)

18. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

For me it was shooting on an open round that I had to beg my son to shoot in since he was the trap person and never got to shoot. He was bummed it was at the 20 yd line.

Needless to say, I did my usual average job of 16 or so but he got his 1st 25 straight. Didn't matter how I shot, he did great and I got to share it with him. Makes a parent cherish those fleeting moments when they're older kids - he was 20 - and you just don't have lots of time like you used to.

Yes, we blasted his hat and since it was winter and a stocking cap, I framed it, the score sheet and his patch for him for his college apt. It was just last year.

Love these days!

Cindy

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Nationals two years ago when I missed my 93rd bird. Somehow I was able to laugh it off and hit the remaining 7.
    -Trappy

20. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

My first round, 14 years old, with my Dad. I think I broke 4 birds. I sure miss him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.