1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with the RJ Stuart Website

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

What

All I am getting is a black media player screen. It is buffering, but nothing coming through.
    any ideas?

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Try clicking on the Java server instead, it works better for me, although not really that great. Skips quite a bit. probably getting many hits today, but it has never really worked well for me, and I do have a pretty fast service.

3. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

To many people let it run on their computer all day. It overloads the system. Heavy usage.

870 is right. The java server work's better but still isn't great.

Ken

4. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Thanks for the help. Evidently very few if any folks have gotten off long enough to let other people have a look.

Very typical of todays me, me me, attitude. Grab what I can and heck with the rest of you.

Take a little break tomorrow and let others have a turn.

Fot those guilty, you know who you are. To others, I apologize for the rant.

Truth hurts-doesn't it.

5. zinger

zinger Member

Dave, doesn't that fancy new motorhome you drove out in have a TV?..lol

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I think that rant was totally uncalled for. I doubt that any but a small
    fraction of the people looking at the site know that they are tieing up
    the bandwith. Hardly a reflection of society.

7. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Seems to me that if one is fortunate enough to be at the Grand and with the ability to access everything by vehicle you could jog on over to the building which houses the scores etc. and look for yourself. Those who cannot be at the Grand must depend on the web site for their information. Why bash those who need the web site when you are there. I think your me, me, me is directed at the wrong people.

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I just got in and got to it from our mobile command post... Here at the Wyndham Championship Site - Jamestown NC..

FRedmon

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I am wondering if it's possible that all the data that is stored on that site has anything to do with it. I mean, you can find results from 5 years ago on it.

I do not know anything about the 'net and such but would that have anything to do with what I have also found to be a bit slower this year?

Tim

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

oneATAtime--The ATA does not own nor run the RJ Stuart program. That is owned by a private individual and the ATA pays to use his services. He is wishing to retire soon and then there may be an opening for something else. I'm sure they would love to see a promotion of your better, faster program than the one we have now. You do realize the amount of time and equipment needed to make this FREE service available to us shooters???? Probably not.

11. mcv

mcv Member

1ATAtime . . . me thinks you will be sorry when RJ Stuart is no longer providing services to the ATA. what is available out there today cannot do a job the size of the Grand like Stuart. he may be behind the times but he knows his sh!t!! there is no "sweetheart deal" . . . it's more of a love/hate relationship so to speak. & don't be looking for iPad, iPhone, etc. apps anytime soon . . . the ATA ain't gonna shell out the money for that. geez, look how long it took them to get credit/debit card machines!

be thankful with what we do have. if & when Stuart is done with the ATA we ALL will miss him!!

xfan . . . no! it's the live feed of bandwith & the number of people viewing the live feed slowing it down!!

12. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

FREE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!LOL

Bob get's paid very well for providing this FREE service.

Right now his system is the best out there. We will have to see how the A.T.A's new system works. Only time will tell.

Ken

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

If bob wants to retire that explains why this site hasn't improved since it started. There are plenty of Computer whiz's that could build a much better site..Allen

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

FREE to the shooters.

Shooters don't pay a dime to log on and check scores but yet complain about the system. You'll notice i said the ATA pays for his service. Have to read the whole post thru.

15. mcv

mcv Member

yes, it is a FREE SERVICE to the shooters! all you need is your tv or radio on/near his location . . . you don't pay a dime.

& listen to grntitan . . . he knows what he's talking about . . . "I'm sure they would love to see a promotion of your better, faster program than the one we have now. You do realize the amount of time and equipment needed to make this FREE service available to us shooters???? Probably not." i truly don't think ANYBODY knows the amount of time & equipment needed to make any of his services available to us . . . you really have no idea!!!

Bob's wanting to retire has nothing to do with "why this site hasn't improved since it started . . . "! all those "computer whiz's" you speak of can't do what Bob can do. just wait & see what happens when he does retire!

16. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

mvc you have me scared now.If Bob quits this crap site thats the end of the ata and trapshooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allen

17. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Please also remember one other thing that could be having an effect on the speed of the web posting of information.

Please don't take this as a knock on Sparta but it is pretty rural. The major players in running the infrastructure that carries the data for all web things have limited bandwidth. It is not infinite. They must allocate their resources where the greatest number of people are served. This naturally means that higher density population centers get more bandwidth. Read bandwidth as speed when talking Internet.

The providers will try to give adequate service to their customers with a reasonable amount of "extra" to cover surges in use. This means that Sparta, with its one or two weeks of much higher population may not have adequate overhead to fully accommodate an extra couple thousand users and their smart phones, laptops, notebooks and desktop systems. The providers can not justify a high expense to install the extra service for two weeks so they may throttle back service so that everyone gets a part of the service but at a slower speed.

18. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I didn't read all of the posts, but the RJ Stuart service provides the information that I am interested in! AND there have been no problems! I like it.

Allen

19. JMO

JMO TS Member

For all of you who complain about the RJ Stuart site why don't you try another site.....THAT'S RIGHT THERE ISN'T ONE!!!! Be grateful that Bob and Sandie took the time to give you what there is, be it slow or jumping around it is you're only option to see what is going on at every shoot that they are at.

20. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

To paraphrase a few of the above posts:

We do it that way because it has always been done that way....and you had better feel damn lucky we do do it that way because we ain't changing!! Now stop complaining!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.