1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with Chambermates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Flatsboat, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flatsboat

Flatsboat TS Member

I have a set of 12ga to 20ga Chambermates that ruin the O ring after 25 shots, gas gets by the broken O ring and makes a mess. I've tried different O rings and both types of teflon tape. Nothing seems to keep the O rings from blowing back. Anyone have the fix for making these work the way the maker intended them to work. I've emailed the company twice about this and did not get a reply back. Also sent photos of the Chambermates which have different size grooves for the O rings which don't look right.. Can anyone tell me if they have a set with the O ring groove that looks like either of the grooves in mine. Appreciate any ideas you have on how to make these work... GZ
    flatsboat_2009_301112.jpg

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Call the guy at Seminole Gun Works. He's been pretty good to deal with in the past for me. He can help you more than we can.

My o-rings only last about 2 or 3 skeet rounds.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Try some viton o-rings. The ones you have are probably buna rubber, viton will last much longer.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Never had a problem by wrapping the O-ring with teflon tape. Count on having to change O-rings after every round or two. Just part of the deal.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What's wrong is they are made one size fits all. They don't fit the chamber. I made my own out of aluminum, slip fit, no O rings, work just fine. HMB

6. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Just an idea, don't know about side effects.

Get some plumbers putty at the hardware store and put a thin bead where the flang fits into the receiver. It is tough stuff and should last all day. Be sure and clean out the chamber when you are done.

If you try this please let me know if it helped.

Jim

405-408-6525

7. sanremo

sanremo Member

Its a great idea, poor design and sad performance and realy shell sensitive!

8. FLIP

FLIP Member

thanks guys i was think en of getting a set but not if i have replace o rings that often

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If you buy the O-rings in quantity, they cost about what one loaded shell would cost. I wrap a couple layers of teflon tape around the O-rings, but still have to replace the O-rings about every 100 shots. But that's no big deal. If I'm spending $50 or more on shells and targets plus the cost of transportation, what's another 50 cents?

10. Superposer

Superposer TS Member

I just bought some of these in 12/28. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Is anyone having good luck with these? Any tips on improving their performance? If an o-ring breaks can you finish the round before replacing or must it be done, as I'm assuming, immediately?

I also have some Gaugemate Gold's in 12/20. They use a triple o-ring design. Wonder if that will work better? I've only shot one round with these but had no problems.

The o-ring grooves in the OP's picture don't appear to be the same. Are you having more problems with one of the tubes, or are they both failing at similar rates? Are you greasing the o-rings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.