1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT'S WORTH 1975 production WW AA unopened case

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Dee Tia, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee Tia

Dee Tia TS Member

0   0   0

WHAT

An old Gun dealer just called me to say he found an unopened case of Winchester AA Trap #W3KH12 3 1 1/8 7 1/2 said the invoice is dated September 1975. Anyone have an idea of the value, Collector???? beyond a modern day case??? I have not seen the case but he said it is red and yellow???
    Thanks for any information.

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good empties after they're shot...but little collector value.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

No more then the equivalent modern AAs, and probably less depending on how they were stored, the plastic may be brittle by now, in both the hulls and the wads.

4. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

0   0   0

If it's a wooden case, that woudl be cool.

Otherwise, I'd not pay more than "new" production (and I'm an accumulator!)

;-)

5. Dee Tia

Dee Tia TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the opinions , I did not think there would be much value but a quick look on ebay showed empty boxes TRYING to be sold for $5 to as much as $19 no bids at either one, I was relieved as I had trashed several old boxes last winter that were as old and in better shape.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

0   0   0

The distributor cost from the factory back then was about $44. Of course, a minimum shipment was 600 cases.

7. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

0   0   0

A guy had about forty some boxes of these shells for sale at one of our one day gun shows. I offered $5 a box and bought all he had, thought it was a fair deal. Hope this helps.

Sportalluring

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I doubt if they have collector value. However, a case of red AA 20 gauge would be interesting. The old yellow case is not something you want to throw away. See if you can find a box of old AA 12s on the Ward's Auction site. Their most recent auction just ended and is still on line with realized prices.

9. Dee Tia

Dee Tia TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks, will check it out for him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.