1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** WHAT'S WITH THIS SKEET GAME **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

Had a chance to shoot skeet New Year's day at a local trap/skeet club. So being the trap shooter I am I said sure. What ??????. I'm not too bad of a trap shooter (shot AAA in 16's and made the 26yd. line) but that skeet thing I couldn't figure out (shouldn't say but shot a 14 out of 25!!!) Ya I'm hanging my head. Let's hear from the expert's.

Kevin

2. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

What kind of clothes were you wearing?Might I give you some advise here? Pink is a must!And dont pay mind on the other shooters.Just laugh and tell stories while other's shoot.A nice pat on the ass is always in order.There you go.Watch your scores go up now...Nuc

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

It aint that skeet is any more difficult than trap or that trap is any more difficult than skeet but ya cant shoot them the same way. That is where ya most likely screwed up ... ya cant shoot skeet like ya shot trap and ya cant shoot trap like ya shoot skeet.

It's like when your doinkin with your girlfriend Adriana and ya begin to moan Monica ... well ... ya always have to remember that trap and skeet are like doinkin, your still doing the same thing but ya have to remember there are differences when you decide to doink a ... well ... you know what I mean.

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I shot 2 rounds of wobble trap in the 25+ mph wind yesterday. I shot an 18 and a 19. It was fun but humbling none the less. I feel your pain.

I'll stick to skeet thank you very much.

5. nicky

nicky Member

Lump is that like, ah, say, ah never get push and pull mixed up ????????

Kevin

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Lumper said!

7. nicky

nicky Member

Come on now Earl Hamman, You're still hung over now from New Year's aren't you ? You really meant,like 92%.

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

I am a trapshooter, but shoot sheet once in a while. I enjoy both games. Skeet
    is different, but that is what makes it fun. John

9. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Duckman: "I shot 2 rounds of wobble trap in the 25+ mph wind yesterday. I shot an 18 and a 19. It was fun but humbling none the less. I feel your pain".

Ducky, you must be trolling for Trap Know It Alls. Your scores and conditions will win B Class at a registered shoot (wimpy). Earl

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

LOL! I feel better now.

11. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Skeet is fun, but certainly a different game than trap. I shoot both, enjoy both. Especially enjoy shooting 3/4 oz in the 20 or 28 and REALLY enjoy breaking ANY of them with 1/2 oz in the .410.
    It's a game of set "hold points" on each station with targets on a repeatable path. Once a shooter figures out the hold points, foot position and where to look for an emerging tgt it SHOULD be fairly easy to break em all. And many do.

It's a game of targets that are easy to hit...but even easier to MISS.

If one chooses to shoot registered tgts it's also a game of perfection. A game of 100's all the time and shootoffs to win. Shootoffs are DOUBLES shot from the three middle stations, also different than trap.

FN in MT

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, Kevin, welcome to the dark side....

I enjoy shooting skeet. That said, I'll shoot trap in weather I wouldn't even drive to the club to shoot skeet in, and if there is a choice between a skeet shoot and a trap shoot...I know for sure which one I'm at, and it isn't the skeet.

There are a three or four of us at my club that shoot both (bi-shootuals). I'm no one's AAA in trap (in fact, I'm a high B,23,B). But there aren't many good trapshooters that can beat me at skeet, and there aren't too many good skeet shooters who can beat me at trap.

13. nicky

nicky Member

Earl where did your first post go ?. The one with the percentage numbers. The thread no longer shows "message deleted" but shows 14 replies and only 13 showing. spooky.

Kevin

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

His post, even though it says "Message Deleted" is still there Kevin. Go up to the top of the page and click on the little thing (show deleted messages) that will show you all the posts including any that has been deleted.

15. nicky

nicky Member

Thank's Lumper , You are da man, as Hipshot would say.

16. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,

I should have known that someday you'd stray from the path. I too was once led astray by none other than "Frankie the Goon".

Don't make me come up there and take your guns away from you again......:>)

And don't set off any more firecrackers near "Pappy" (remember that one?)

And stay out of Falconer, last time there you really got screwed over

And never holler "they're playin slop!" in bars in Corry again! (or was that me?)

And no more bowling with chicks that have purple hair!

And definately, NO MORE pick a pig contests (who won the last one?)

Hey it's shooting, enjoy it!

Have a nice day, Dan

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pick a pig contest?

Been there ... done that ... but she really didn't snort like a pig all that much so does that count?

18. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

Only if you made her squeal Lumper

Have a nice day, Dan

19. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Kevin: I took two (2) doses of Prozac (100 mg/suggested max 80 mg) the same day and lost control of my integrity among other things. Pat Ireland is indeed the Moral Compass of this game normally called "Petty Crime and Trapshooting".

I was fishing for a history lesson on the almost State of Franklin and ended up with bopkes. Earl

20. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Remember, tough guys wear pink !!! LOL I enjoy skeet, its a little more social because you move away from the next shooter up,so the talking isnt all that big a deal compared to trap. It's all fun !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.