1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's with the Krieghoff price increases?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbls_champ, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

I saw the thread about shell price increases and thought I would try to get some feedback on why Krieghoff has had (I think) three price increases in the past four years. I have heard that the reason is because of a weak dollar, but Perazzi prices have stayed the same. I never thought I would see a standard K-80 combo over $13,000, not to mention the price of the Trap special. I think Kolar should be beating the snot out of Krieghoff in sells, considering the gun looks better, is cheaper, and is built like a tank.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Kolar trigger, IMHO, doesn't come close to the K80 in either the pull or the release. Kolar has an innovative design for changing from pull to release and vv but it doesn't match the K80 for crispness and reliability.

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Perazzi has stayed the same?? I don't think so. All big name imported guns have gone up as the value of the dollar decreases. Also even without the decline of the dollar most imports rose each year just because they could.

BTW I think, although I can be corrected, that Kolar prices have risen as well.

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Kolar has went up on price.

Bo

5. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

From looking at the different gun dealer's web site they don't look like they have increased in price for a while, Especially the MX-2005. I remember looking at them in 2006 and they were approx. $12,900 for the combo, they are still $12,900. Maybe I'm mistaken but pretty sure.

Jerry,

Your right Kolar has increased also, but not the extent of the K-80.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Do Kolars blow up too?

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

This is why Ljutics are such a good deal. New one's are priced right, and used one's are a real bargin.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sorry, used Ljutic's are a bargan.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Since I have owned the same K-80 for a number of years, I am not sad when new gun prices go up. LOL

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Buy a nice/certified pre-owned anything and let someone else take the hit. I do it with cars and guns.

Jay

11. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

To me the difference between a Kolar vs. Krieghoff and Perazzi is no comparison. The Krieghoff and Perazzi are better by far. And yes, I have owned all three. You want a nice American made trap gun? Try a Devault Infinity. They are made in Ohio and are only $9800.00 with a custom fitting being $400.00 more. The best money I ever spent. I love my Infinity! Matt

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Certainly makes an 1100 look great.....with plenty of cash leftover for gas, entry fees, etc.

Curt

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

No snide comments. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?

14. JCS

JCS TS Member

The list price for a standard K-80 combo in 1999
    was $ 11,050 (+ $ 650 with screw in chokes )= $11,700

Considering the Euro vs. $$ exchange rate , it's actually a lot CHEAPER now.

15. magic

magic Member

Amen Brother...

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

When I got back into trapshooting in 1989, I used an 870TC while most of my new friends and squadmates shot Krieghoffs. Like Bob, I failed to see what made such costly guns worth the extra money when they don't break targets any harder and don't come with added shooter ability built in. But about two years later, I bought a used KS-5 and quickly discovered what the fuss was all about - shooting comfort.

My 870TC didn't (and still doesn't) beat me up but a 200-target day left me tired and a little arm-weary. My first such day with the KS-5 ended with me still wanting to shoot. There's just a feel that defies explanation.

Ed

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

What littlerascal56 said. My K80 TS cost me about 1/2 years pay and I'm still glad I bought it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.