1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats up withthe nra?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by NJCOP, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

I'm about to shred my membership card. They have been relentlessly calling my home every day of the week and more than once a day and at all hours of the day. Whats worse is that no one says anything. Anybody have a similar experience? I've emailed them and asked them to stop and they won't answer my email. Im on the do not call list and if they dont stop I'm going to have to report them to get the calls to stop

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm cutting them slack because of the urgency of our current political situation and that the fight for owner ownership rights costs an astronomical amount of money, hense the need for funds and urging current members to help spread the word in recruiting new members...I like that they are stepping up their presence with ads demonstrating the hypocracy of the grabbers

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Who is calling you? You never said who it was.

Also, if they never say anything, how would you know who it was that called?

4. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Its the nra. I know its fhem because Ive called. The numbers back and its the nra's 1-800 numbers
    Ps Im not drunk. Im typing on a phone and i have fat fingers.

5. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Its the nra. I know its fhem because Ive called. The numbers back and its the nra's 1-800 numbers
    Ps Im not drunk. Im typing on a phone and i have fat fingers.

6. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

They call me sometimes 2-3 times a day....I have given all that I can afford.

Joe

7. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If you talk to a real live human voice at the NRA, you can ask them to stop calling you. I did this and it works even though I still send them a few $$ now and then. I am also a member of S.C.O.P.E. and also donate to the CCRKBA and the Tea Party. You have got to encourage your friends to at least join the NRA if nothing else. They are our best hope to beat the antis. Larry Evans

8. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

User1
    It's the NRA. Not a caller ID issue. When you call back you get a prerecorded NRA message. As I said it wouldn't piss me off if the caller said something. They don't. They just hang up.

9. redfin

redfin TS Member

they call me once a week,i tell them i am a life member and hang up. joseph

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

About 6 years ago I called customer service and told them that I wanted to be taken off the mailing list. The only thing I have received since is a monthly magazine.

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If you wait a couple of seconds they do have a robo message. Ours here in Iowa was to contact Senator Grassley and ask him to vote no on the background check which I see just went through the House.

I also ask the NRA years ago to suspend the extra mailing and they have done so.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm pretty sure the NRA has gone out of business. I haven't gotten any junkmail from them for the better part of two days.

-Gary

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

NJCOP,

You are obviously an ANTI-GUN TROLL that seeks to DIVIDE AND CONQUER...for you fear the clout of the NRA.....

FEAR THIS: WAIT UNTIL THE MID-TERM ELECTIONS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO DEMOCRATS IN RED STATES!

NRA FREEDOM!

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Are you serious? You are offended by phone calls from the NRA? Get an answering machine, stop answering the phone unless you know who is calling (try caller ID). I don't answer the phone if it's a toll free #. If they leave a message, I have the choice to call them back. Adopt a different policy about answering the phone. It's not the 50s or 60s anymore when you never knew who was calling and every call was answered.

Tearing up your NRA card because they are trying to contact you is, IMO, short-sighted. Do you do the same thing (i.e. complain) when your Congressman or Senator call you to participate in a poll or town hall.

Gene in Illinois

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The NRA is not violating the Do Not Call registry when they call one of their members.

From Wikipedia:

Known exceptions

Placing one's number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most, but not all, unsolicited calls. The following are exceptions granted by existing laws and regulations - and these types of organizations can register with donotcall.gov and can purchase telephone lists from the Do Not Call Registry

The registry only applies to residential lines, not to business lines.

A person may still receive calls from political organizations.

A person may still receive calls from not-for-profit organizations.

A person may still receive calls from those conducting surveys.

A person may still receive calls from companies with which he or she has an existing business relationship for up to 18 months after his or her last purchase, payment, or delivery from it, unless person specifically asks the company not to call again.

A person may still receive calls from a company up to 31 days after submitting an application or inquiry to that company, unless the company is specifically asked not to call.

A person may still receive calls from bill collectors (either primary creditors or collection agencies). These callers are, however, regulated by other laws, such as those limiting them to calling during "reasonable hours." Some creditors may not call debtors who file for bankruptcy protection.

16. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

I called the NRA as they didn't return the email. They took me off the call list. And by the way, I don't care if it was Ronald Reagan calling me 3 times a day (GBHS) it would annoy you and your spouse. The point was they were requested not call by email and they ignored it. The tearing up the card thing was out of frustration. Yes God bless the NRA! I freaking round up every dollar to them on my Brownell's and Midway orders. I don't need to be lectured. I recognize what they do for us.

Anyone interested in them calling your house 2 to 3 times daily from 8A to 9P leave your tel# and I'll forward it to Wayne for ya. Divide and conquer my ass.

17. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

"Hangup calls" from the NRA sounds a little unusual. Do they call me? Yes. Is it several times per day? Absolutely not.

When they call, there's always someone on the other end, and they're always friendly and professional. I periodically donate money, and the gratitude I receive on the phone is as if I'd saved their dying relative.

Like everyone else, I think the NRA spends a bit too much time and money on mailings and phone calls. And I know that this is such an aggravation to people that they terminate their memberships, which is a pity.

I don't worship at the feet of Wayne LaPierre. But I DO appreciate the work the NRA does on MY behalf, and on the behalf of other "free riders" who can't be bothered to get involved to protect their Second Amendment Rights.

If I'm not in a particularly giving mood on one of their calls, I inform them of my recent membership extensions, my signing up my family members, and my additional dontations, and tell them I'm not able to give anything today, but thanks for calling.

When they call advising me of the latest attacks on our rights, I'm pretty much always already aware of it, and let them know. Basically, I let the caller know that I'm on the same team.

One final thought: Gun owner apathy is what's going to lead us down the road to a diminution of our 2nd amendment rights. Gun owner apathy is going to lead us to bans on lead ammunition. Gun owner apathy WILL eventually lead us down the path of gun bans, gun confiscation, and criminalization of shooting sports.

The LEAST we can do is join the NRA, and support their efforts. I'm convinced that these "dead calls" are NOT coming from the NRA. When the NRA calls, it's because they want something. They want to inform you, persuade you, or get a donation from you. Or all three.
    jh

18. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Simple solution, log onto your profile page and delete your phone number, I did it and have never recieved a phone call, I don't mind the emails and snailmails..LarryB (Endowment Life Member)(Father of two LIFE member sons)

19. Darryle

Darryle Slacker TS Supporters

Funny, I set my account up so they don't call or mail me anything, but I get a ton of emails.

20. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

Try real hard to overlook this, for the NRA is the ONLY one fighting for gun rights in Washington DC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.