1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with the price of gas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What

Gas is $3.17 a gallon here in Southeast Georgia. That's the lowest it's been here in years. What is it in your neighborhood and what do you think is driving the price down. Jackie B.

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

$2.99 as of lastnite.

The calm before the storm!

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Think that's bad? Just try buying diesel.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$3.10 Idaho

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We are at 3.27 right now. The pipeline terminal is here in town. The stations 6 miles West of here that get the gas from this same terminal are 3-4 cents less a gallon. Go figure.

HM

6. Shooting Jack

Hippie, I was thinking that was good or at least better as I have been paying around $3.60 a gallon for a long time. Jackie B.

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

$3.19 - $3.21 here this week. Is real gasoline available anywhere or is it all +or- 10% ethanol?

8. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

$2.95 as of now here in the Little Rock area. Spiked .10 cents a couple of weeks or so ago overnight, stayed up at $3.05 for about a week then back down.

???????????????

Ray

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

About the same here in Ohio.

Ranges from 3.03 to 3.13. Up and down like a yo yo.

Heard the price is going to be high next year, some talking 4.00, but who knows.

Hope the Keystone deal goes thru. It may help.

Regards.....Gerald

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

$3.03 in Soddy Daisy, TN. $2.93 if you buy it at Wal-Mart and use one of their gift cards.

11. Shooting Jack

Everytown in my area has at least one station with ethanol free gas. Ask around as most boat dealers know where they are. Most cost about a dime more per gallon which makes it worth while for me. The place I work has a small engine repair section and we received a bulletin to not use ethanol gas for several reasons in small engines which include boat motors. The fuel lines on boat motors are ruined in short time as it melts the rubber and your fingers will go through the primer bulb and in carburators it melts the gaskets. The fuel pumps that have a rubber check gasket will melt eventually causing a no start and the list goes on. Check your fuel mileage with regular fuel then fill up with ethanol gas and see the difference. My vehicles average about three mpg better with ethanol free. Jackie B.

12. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Gas is around $3 here but diesel is still over $4 WTH.Jerry

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

It's called supply and demand. The demand for gasoline goes down every year about this time and goes up in the summer. The price follows like a male dog following a bitch in heat. The demand for diesel goes up in the winter- so does the price. It's not rocket science.

14. 682b

682b Member

Gas in Petersburg VA. was 3.02 until a few days ago now it's about 3.07. I can only get about 8 gallons in the tank, it just backs up for some reason. This gas is several hundred yards from I 85. I am enjoying the break from high prices. Jim

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was reading a news article last week (think it was on CNN Money)that said that we are actually EXPORTING gas now. That due to the increase in fuel efficiency of the modern cars and trucks(either that or 10% of the country quit driving beginning 2008) the U.S. is actually using 10% less gasoline than we did in 2007. Also so said that we now have excess refining capacity (that's really a shocker)and export gas to Mexico and other South American companies. The refineries still have to buy the high price crude, but the market for gasoline has changed.

Maybe they got it from The National Enquirer, but I don't think so.

The crooks here keep trying to jack it by 20-30 cents, but then they have to come right back down. It's fun to watch. Wholesale gas closed at $2.49 yesterday. The news likes to trot out the "President of the Gas Retailer Association" from time to time. The guy is just like Baghdad Bob, a new lie every time. ;-)

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pittsburgh, Pa. $3.22 and going down. Bulge.

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Bigboy,

If your tank backs up it's because you're pumping faster than the air can flow out of the tank. Next time that happens stop pumping for a few seconds, back the nozzle out of the fill tube to let the air get out of the tank and the gas to settle and you can start pumping again.

Eric

18. Hemlock

Hemlock Member

3.25 to 3.60 in Vancouver, WA

19. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

3.27-3.29 around Frederick Md.

20. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hi Guys,

Using the absolute latest conversion rate, it seems you guys have nothing to worry about. Here in the land down under-

95 octane Gas- $5.97 US per Gallon

89 octane Gas 10% ethanol blend- $5.12 US per Gallon (and its rubbish)

Diesel- $5.59 US per gallon.

Just remember when you come to visit, BRING YOUR MONEY! as nothing here is as cheap as it is in the states!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.