1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with the Cynergy?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ricky B, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky B

Ricky B TS Member

I have been looking over the Browning catalog, and I see the Cynergy Classic Trap in various models. On the so-called Euro models, they have that funny looking recoil pad (Inflex Technology), and I can see how that is different. I don't get the difference between the "classic" Cynergy models and the Citori.

Leaving aside the ad copy ("most advanced over and under shotgun available today"), how does the Cynergy differ from a Citori, and why would someone pay more for it than a Citori?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

2. cle

cle Member

The Citori is the 1980's version of the 1930's Browning Superposed and a move to lower manufacturing costs (and moved to Japan). You will note that the receiver on both models is fairly "tall" and in the opinion of some a bit "clunky." The receiver on a Cynergy is much "shorter" and thus, in the opinion of some, more "sleek." Browning achieved this sleeker design by entirely redesigning the receiver and particularly the barrel hingeing, cocking & ejector placement and action./CLE

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

XT and Citori are the same gun - just cosmetics

Cynergy is a new and totally different action and trigger design

You have to shoot them to really see the difference and which one is for you-- just borrow one from someone locally to shoot a round or two

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. nobody

nobody TS Member

Now you just need a .410!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.