1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with Fostoria United Sportsman GC??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TMX BOB, Jul 15, 2013.

1. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

What

Hi All,

Here is a little background of what I am trying to find out. The last 3 scheduled shoots had to be canceled due to low/no attendance.The weather may have played an issue in one of the 3, but yesterday it was perfect and no wind. That's rare at this place! If you can provide opinions and some constructive critisism as to what you think the problem is at this particular club. What type of changes would you recommend that would improve attendance. I'm pretty close to the issue and can't be constructive, therefore I am reaching out on my own. I'm not an official at the club, just a concerned member that wants a great facility to do well.

Thank you all who reply, Bob Collins

2. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I would say it is scheduling during the state shoots going on.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Your first two sentences answered your question.

Smaller clubs are hurting, especially for registered shooting.

Lots of people see their investments dwindle with the economy, not to mention Obamacare in full force next year.

Buddy shoots are popular as is Sporting Clays.

Regards....Gerald

5. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Is this the Fostoria Ohio Club?

Gary

7. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Yes it is. Glenn Allison

8. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

I believe that there are a few problems here, and until those involved in the running of such an event are willing to listen to the masses nothing will change.They are having a fun shoot today maybe we could talk to the powers that be and get a dialog started.Jeb

9. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Wish I could be there Joel. I have refrigeration problems at the store.Glenn

10. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Keep that beer cold at all cost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

JEB,
    I might be able to make it for a while but I have a physical in the morning and I will have to behave unfortunately. I'm sure some of you guys can help with the excess cold body fluid replenishments. I may see you later if I can get out of work at a reasonable time. I'm sure Steve is about melting right now!

Thanks Bob

12. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

In my opinion it is a combination of things.Target costs,Target presentation ,Chronic equipment failures,and the options available.I believe some major repairs to the entire structure should be made .All the things listed will make a shooter drive by on his way to Williams County.. We need to have a sit down with management and figure this out ,or we will end up losing a great place to shoot. These problems are not unrepairable ,they just need to be addressed with an open mind and attitude . What does everyone else think ?? Joel Brown

13. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I am also a member, but not an official at the club. This a great club with a nice clubhouse, but the clubhouse don't draw shooters. I agree with what Joel said above about prices, etc, and want to add the lack of class divisions, or any club payouts. Management is comprised by casual/league shooters. Most of which shoot less than 1K targets per year. To my knowledge none shoot any ATA. From a business standpoint, there is too much help on shoot days.
    Now it has been "thrown out there" lets have open minds and rectify these issues and turn Fostoria United Sportsmans into a fine trapshooting venue.
    Dave Butzier

14. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

Thank you all who have replied. I apologies for not being able to get to the club last night. I agree that many of these issues can be resolved if management truely wants them to be ( I beleive they do). I also just want to throw out that it didn't take 1 or 2 shoots to get us in the shape we're in currently. Therefore, patients on the club's part will be needed to allow ample time to identify, discuss a resolution, and give it a fair chance/time to work. I personally hope this issue can be resolved and that we can utilize a quality club to it's great potential.I am available to discuss with any of you in person if you have the time or energy, so that we can produce something more than just complaints to leadership.

Bob Collins

15. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

I will be there with you Bob.Lets fix this problem. Joel Brown

16. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Bob and Joel, I will do what I can to help maybe set up a roundtable with management would be a great place to start? see if we can get more ata shooters involved ?
    DaveButzier

17. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Come on guys we need your insight.JEB

18. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

19. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

20. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

See the ( Registered Targets thread )