1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats up with browning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

checking out browning over seas, Ultra XT fixed chokes and no porting and a case to boot......why not a us opttion?

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

I guess it's the same as with car makers. The Europeans get all kinds of great models that the US never sees. They build some models for the US that just about everybody can afford because just about everybody thinks they are entitled to afford them. And then they build other models to be sold in Europe to people that can appreciate good stuff and price it out of the reach of Joe Average.

I really envy them the oil finish on that Ultra XT. It's got to be so much better than that brittle glassy stuff they put on the US guns.

Andy

3. just_bob

just_bob Member

Damn shame we can't buy it here. I don't know why you would need choke tubes in a trap gun. And porting, well if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Who is going to advertise in a magazine that tells the readers that the stuff is a waste of money.
    just_bob

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

Yup,

They do have some nice options for the European market...

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Yeah those guys across the pond don't believe in all that extra junk. They want fixed chokes. They change the charge or even to a different gun to match the situation not the choke. Americans got to have seven chokes to feel secure. Most professional trap shooters use fixed choke guns. Same choke from the 16 yard and back to the fence. Dave T.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

checking out browning over seas, Ultra XT fixed chokes and no porting and a case to boot......why not a us opttion?

7. C H S

C H S TS Member

I guess it's the same as with car makers. The Europeans get all kinds of great models that the US never sees. They build some models for the US that just about everybody can afford because just about everybody thinks they are entitled to afford them. And then they build other models to be sold in Europe to people that can appreciate good stuff and price it out of the reach of Joe Average.

I really envy them the oil finish on that Ultra XT. It's got to be so much better than that brittle glassy stuff they put on the US guns.

Andy

8. just_bob

just_bob Member

Damn shame we can't buy it here. I don't know why you would need choke tubes in a trap gun. And porting, well if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Who is going to advertise in a magazine that tells the readers that the stuff is a waste of money.
    just_bob

9. shrek

shrek Active Member

Yup,

They do have some nice options for the European market...

10. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Yeah those guys across the pond don't believe in all that extra junk. They want fixed chokes. They change the charge or even to a different gun to match the situation not the choke. Americans got to have seven chokes to feel secure. Most professional trap shooters use fixed choke guns. Same choke from the 16 yard and back to the fence. Dave T.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I would like to de port my gun please! Next New gun im going to request at least un ported barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.