1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Up In Nevada

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

What

The polls suggest that Reid is inching ahead. Does anybody on the ground in or around Nevada have a feel for what is really going on?

Thanks,
    Kit Thomas

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Must of done some favors in clark county

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If the NRA backs Sharron Angle, could she win?

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Reid is powerfully connected to the unions. They'll put him over the top. Old Harry's the Richard Daley of the West.

Nevada's conservatives had better get to the polls come November or you'll be seeing Harry's smilling grimace every once in a while out at the Clark County Shooting Complex shooting his Mossberg and kissing the babies.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ried is smart old Geezer. Play the gun lobby and the unions----you're going to win. He plays both sides of the fence. Mark my words..........

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

It is close. Angle has closed the gap, but and is very close. Could be a toss up by the polls. Angle won with the tea party backing her and does not come across good on TV. IMO, I think her campaign got off to a poor start after she was declared the party winner. She has regrouped and is doing better. I think Lowden or Tarkanian had a better chance of beating Reid and many many people feel the same way.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If the people of Nevada re-elect that piece of puke they will have to admit they are no better than California. I sent Sharon Angle money and would ask the rest of you to do the same for two reasons, one to retire Reid, and two to show NRA we won't accept being sold out by them.

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gosh, Wire, you don't think the NRA would stuff Reid up our butts like the Dems did Health Care, do you?

Just asking.

Kit

9. Royce10

Royce10 TS Member

It is Vegas that re-elects this puke. He loses in every county but Clark. Even Washoe county voted the other candidate in the last election. It is sad, but with all the Kali's moving East, they will probably put this pus-bag back in office.

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If the NRA asked all of its members who live in Clark County to vote for Sharron Angle, could she win?

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Roy has it right. (or left as it is) The problem with NV politics is Las Vegas and it massive urban voter base. Those folks are indistinguishable from big city Californians and thats how Harry wins. Its all about the 'free' stuff with the most recent bone being the wonderful health care you can now get for free as opposed to actually paying insurance premiums. No shit, people really believe this crap and they vote...never mind what the health bill is really about.

Sharron Angle is being painted as an evil person that will take away all those vital services and let the kids suffer and/or not get an education .... it is all about the spin and how much money a candidate can spend to get that spin into the minds of these retards at least four times per day for the next 14 weeks.

But make no mistake about it, once you get away from the sickness of LV, the rest of Nevada is a polar opposite and people have had enough of good ol Harry.

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I'm still kind of curious. So far, nobody has been willing to go after the premise; in a race this close, could an NRA endorsement of Angle decide the contest?

As you know, Kagan made it today. If there had been more Republican Senators, she wouldn't have made it. Reid can be beaten. Once again, could an NRA endorsement of Angle decide the contest?

Kit Thomas

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I pretty sure the NRA will give Harry an A rating if not an actual endorsement, he has been a good tool for them and to be honest he might be the one guy that can keep his lefty counterparts from going on a gun ban binge.

I don't think that this one issue (2A) will decide the NV senate race and it doesn't help matters that Sharron Angle has put a message of divine inspiration into her campaign. I do admire her for representing herself and her beliefs honestly but that doesn't work in the mud slinging battleground of politics.

Kind of bizzare isn't it? people that speak from the heart are the evil ones while those that work in the shadows are somehow more trustworthy.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

WS-1. I don't think so. I think the unions trump the NRA.

15. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

WS-1: No. There are 1.8+ million people in Clark County. Most don't own firearms and of the fraction that do, only a few are members of the NRA. The NRA is not going to swing Nevada away from Harry. He's painted Angle in the worst possible light using her own words and she's done very little in return to counter his message. He's got a professional political machine with lots of money. She's got people who look and sound like they just got out of high school as spokesman.

Harry's a pro, Angle's out of her league. Hopefully, she'll benefit from the general dissatisfaction with Reid and the dems and squeak by, but it is doubtful.
    As a conservative, when I watch Angle speak, I don't get a good feeling. For a lot of us here in NV, her only real positive quality is that she is not Harry Reid.

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gentlemen:

Thank you for the thoughtful answers.

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

17. gusto777

gusto777 Member

I consider myself a "Goldwater" conservative and consider Harry Reid an abomination to the values and traditions that have made America the greatest country in the world. Harry Reid has always looked out for "Harry" first and the people of Nevada second. The major candidates in the Republican Primary in my opinion would all be considered conservatives however Sharon Angle was probably the most conservative of them all. Any one of them would have represented the views of most concervatives. I voted for Sue Ann Lowden beacause I could see that Sharon Angle, although she is a solid conservative, would be an easy target for Harry Reid in the general election. Unfortunately Angle just doesn't come across very well and she has given Reid plently of ammunition to attack her with I think "The Smoking Gun" hit the nail on the head and I agree Sharon Angle is out of her league when it comes to Harry Reid and his political machine. I also agree with others that an endorsement by the NRA for Angle would not make a difference in the election. Although I agree with "trim tab" that the election is somewhat close I would have to give the advantage to Reid at this point.

18. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Angle's campaign is pointedly asking people to call NRA and tell them to back her. Sign the petition here: http://nramembersforangle.com/

I agree that she is out of her league, which is why we need her and others like her. We need people who have honest convictions of an America in which people are free to pursue their interests without the shackles of governmemnt interference, not political operators like Reid.

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Wire,

Thanks for putting up the petition. I just signed up!

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.