1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's this worth (Browning Citori Plus)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What

The forum won't allow me to post pics so if you can just checkout the thread at the link and give me your input here it would be easiest, thanks.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=192497

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

$1200-1500...if it comes with a case. IMHO

JON

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

950-1000- but market is limited because of that mechanism

Gene

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks for the info so far, if anyone else has an opinion keep posting.

If I could get anything near $1500 or so for it if I decided to sell I'd be very happy. With the case, gun, extras, etc. I paid $1175 so I'm happy. The pictures really don't do the gun justice.

It is a standard Browning adj. butt pad, it says Browning right on it. It's more of a trap gun so after I posted on the other forum I thought I should post it here for more opinions.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not sure why you cant upload the photos but here they are for you
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree that a 30" is not as desireable as a 32 but you own it right.

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

You have a nice looking Citori Plus shotgun. From the pictures you have submitted it appears to be unaletered from factory original. Though I would want more pictures before purchasing, I'd say the gun is worth a minumum of 1500.00 without the case and extra chokes. You should be very happy having purchased this gun for the amount quoted.

Robert

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You stole it. They have a following and the gun will bring 1500 so fast it will make your head swim. If you put a BUY IT NOW of 1500.00 on it there would be people all over the country with blisters on their mouse fingers trying to be the first click on it. I suspect after you shoot it awhile it may be worth more then 1500 dollars to you. Jeff

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

That looks like a Timney recoil reducer in the stock which is a plus (pun intended). Also 30" barrels are definitely not a disadvantage nor any less desirable than a 32". The Citori is already 9 0z heavier than a BT99 Plus and in the 30" length is more desirable for women and kids to graduate to once they get tired of playing around with their autos.

My question is: Is the rib straight? Being made of aluminum, it's easy to kink if dropped or squeezed into the safe (don't ask me how I know). The bluing looks good from here and the $1200-$1500 is fair, especially if you have the case for it. Get yourself a bottle of aluminum black and I'll be you can have it looking like new. That thing is a doubles crushing machine and can do it all from the 16 to the 24 with just an average pilot at the helm. Good luck.

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

The rib looks straight to me.

I'm actually going to shoot double tomorrow. I've only shot trap twice since I started a month ago so this seems like a good beginners gun.

10. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I shot one of those when they first came out in 88 or 89?. Try it for a while before you sell it. It was a heavy beast but the one of the lightest kicking guns I have shot. You can adjust the rib to suit the POI you prefer, adjust length of pull, & adjustable comb. Shoot a round of doubles and you may never care what it is worth to anyone else. Yours is bone stock and unaltered as near as I can tell/remember. I would pay $1,175 and smile for a week.

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I looked up the serial number and it was made in '92, when I first looked at it I thought it would of been older. I'm very happy with it after shooting it and don't plan to sell it but just wanted to know what I could expect to get for it if I decide to sell it in a few months to upgrade to a better gun.

12. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Citori Grade I Plus Trap
    - features adj. rib and stock, back-bored barrels, Invector Plus choke system. Mfg. 1990-94.
    Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $1,900 $1,525 $1,225 $995 $700 $600 $500
    Last MSR was $2,005.
    Add 5% for ported barrels.
    In 1991 this model included a travel vault gun case at no extra charge. Subtract $50 for older mfg. without travel case.

This is from the current Blue Book
    Mike Battista

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Subtract $50 for older mfg. without travel case."

Should read "Add $100 if without travel vault."

Remember when my son went to trade his 99+ for a 682, the guy said "You can keep the vault, same deal".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.