1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the wife to do while I'm at Wenigs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm planning on having Wenigs do a gun fitting for me this fall, probably late October. While I'm having the fitting done, what is in the area that can keep my wife occuppied? What time do you generally need to be at Wenigs to start the fitting? After we're done at Wenigs we'd like to spend a couple of days in the Ozark area before we head home to Wisconsin. Any suggestions for places to visit that are not too far from Lincoln? An hour or two drive is fine but not much further.
    Thanks

2. JCS

JCS TS Member

Many just don't have the time to go there in person( not to mention the added expense of flying, rental car, hotel etc. )

If you're interested, they will send you a "trial stock ", which I actually prefer .You get to shoot your gun for several weeks , if not months and play with the adjustments until it fits just right.

This is something you can't do when you go there and only have a few hours to get fitted .

It will take a few back and forths, but eventually you wind up with exactly the stock you want .

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I found a fist full of cash gets my wife off my back to do what I need to do.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Insight, Was the hotel in Sedalia??

Jim

5. Terry

Terry TS Member

You will have to be there at 0730 in the morning. they will take measurements and out comes the Bondo and they start making a try stock that fits you. Then you go out to Freds place and shoot the gun, both at a pattern board and then clay targets. They will add too and take off until it fits you and you can shoot it as you like it. Then it is back to the shop and they will turn your stock using the pattern stock. Then you have the option of taking it home wiht just sealer on and no checkering to shoot and see if you like it or they will fit finish and checker it and send it too you.

We stayed south of LIncoln. My wife visited the antique stores and read a book. Ther is a large outlet mall at Osage Beach which isn't that far. I believ e over 100 stores.

They will definatly roll out the red carpet. You can move around the plant and watch the craftsman doing their work. Jimmy was the one that fit me. Super nice people. Any other questions let me know

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I hope I have to worry about that some day!!

7. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

there is also a town near lincoln called warsaw. nice small town with some nice antique type stores. and also has a nice restaraunt called the benton house. great prime rib. also a observitory and nature museum. can check out some bald eagles on truman lake. have fun at wenig's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.