1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the True Attendance numbers at the Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Aug 27, 2013.

1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I know that there is no way to truly count just how many shooters come to the Grand just to shop & take in the festivities. I know several shooters who go & spend a couple of days & never register or plan to fire a shot. These people rent motel rooms, buy fuel, visit eateries, buy items at the World Shooting Center from vendors & contribute to the success of the Grand. I know there are 100's maybe 1000's of these shooters. Wish there was someway to know............

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Chamber of commerce,

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Anything from the C of C would probably be an estimate. If you want to know exactly, contact NSA.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I agree with Rich!! They could also tell you hom many phone calls the shooters made from there?

HAP

5. dustyrcox

dustyrcox Member

I have went past two years to look and purchase stuff and have not fired a shot next year planning on shooting!

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Not as many as in the past....

1000's.....hahaha, that's a good one!!

Curt

7. hunter44

How would you know Curt? You've never been there. I really believe there are more people at the Grand who are not registering & shooting than there are those who do shoot............shooters bring family, lots of people come to visit........yes, I believe 1000,s

8. Biggray

Biggray TS Member

This year seemed to be more crowded with people. Shooters, I believe were down some. It was still a great grand with perfect weather to shoot in.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You're so wrong again hunter, I've been to Sparta.

Just enjoy other venues more.

So classic!!

Curt

10. hunter44

Glad to hear that you are a supporter of the Grand.

11. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Hunter,
    We of the CHC classified 3,426 this year, we did 3,260 last year.That's up 5.09%This is the best I can do, don't know how you tell how many attended and did not shoot.Illinios had the most with 727,Ind. had 255,Missouri had 228,Ky. had 182 and Ohio had 166 ,Wis. had 169.Just a few of the higher attendees.

TD

12. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

And yes Hunter you are right, about every day I had folks stop by and convey this was there first time to the Grand to shop and they would be back next year to shoot.

Don't like it don't come, no need to keep putting it down,it will grow every year with or without the folks that are just stubborn.Your losing out not the folks that go.More local shooters every year having a GRAND time.

I have been to a few clubs I may not attend again unless the management changes but I let my legs do the talking and don't go back.What good would it do for me to try to ruin it for someone else that may love the place.I feel no need to smear any club just because it does not please me.

TD

13. hunter44

Thanks TD, glad to hear it was up. I don't think there is an answer to my question but those who attend & don't register & shoot are very important to the Grand, the local economy, the vendors, & the shooters who hope to shoot there for a very long time.

14. niagara

niagara TS Member

Pipe Layer,

You should have given pins out this year with every classification that showed a picture of the Korean War. That would commemorate the last time there weren't any 2000 shooter events. lol

If the ATA does not use some of the revenues from the Cardinal shoots classifiers could predictably hand out pins showing a depression era photo.

How about one with a soup line.

Not even nearly half a million from the generous Martin's helped.

All kidding aside thanks for being a classifier. They have rudely come under fire by one of the above posters.

Again, thanks for volunteering.

Mikey

15. hunter44

Tell em Joe!

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

No Hunter, Joe was more vitriolic than Niagara;) Thank you Pipe Layer for some REAL information and your civic input.

17. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

How about number of targets thrown in competition as the estimator of shoot size?

18. Biggray

Biggray TS Member

Why is some people so down on the grand? It's a great place to shoot, people all seem nice, and it's the World Series of trap shooting. I have been the past 3 years and hope to make the next 50. Yes we can all find something to gripe about at every shoot we attend, but what's the use. Have fun!!! That is the reason I go and have always had a great time. This was the first time for me to stay the whole week and shoot. Always seem to find a gun to buy and enjoy all the vendors. If you don't like it stay at home and please keep the negative comments to yourself. Some people make there decision on attending by what others post. Those will never understand how Grand it is.

19. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Pat, I am a little confused. How do you get classified there if you have never been there?

jim brown

20. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jim,
    I don't think its any problem to give your hard card to somebody and have them classify you and likewise gie somebody the $$$ to pay your ATA & NRA dues.