1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the strangest thing you've seen when shootin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Whats the strangest thing you

There are a million shooting oddities. What have you personally witnessed?

I saw a pump double a few weeks ago. It fired two shots with 1 trigger pull. It was as quick as pulling both triggers on a SxS double. The slide came back hard and a second shell fired on its way out of the mag tube. We took it apart right there and found the feeding shell burst and the wad and shot jambed into the mag tube. Good thing he didn't have more shells in there.

Another crank took a skeet gun by the bbl and threw it end over end into the snow bank. At which point, I left the field and never returned to that club. Good thing as it was later burglarized and burned down.

hoo!

2. wanderer

wanderer Member

Bruce Em"

A shotgun modified so the trigger could be pulled with the left (forward) hand, the one holding the forearm. He shot respectably. GEG.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I remember one time shooting in the cold its was so bad out the democrats had their hands in their own pockets,,hard to believe but I saw it,,,

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Night trap league. One guy shot so bad he stuck his barrel in the ground after the last shot. It was a nice 682 Beretta. It just stood there at attention, till he thought better and retrieved it and went home. We still rag him about it. He hasn't shot trap since.

5. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Roland

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

At the PA State Shoot I saw a skinny guy in a cowboy hat shoot post 1, 2 and 3 left-handed and 4 and 5 right-handed. Guy could shoot. I watched him shoot a 99.

Anyone else ever see him?

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Last summer I shot a SxS for the first time, and since I was shooting doubles I figured it would be a good idea to have a finger on each of the triggers. Apparently, unknown to me, the recoil from the first shot will cause the second to go off. It doesn't tickle. My coach got a good laugh out of that one, and told me that he learned that when he was 10.

Also, the weekend before the deer season opened up, the range was absolutely packed with hunters hitting the range before they start hunting the next weekend. And right in the middle of shooting, a buck starts to walk across the firing line, no more than 50 feet away. Everyone just stopped shooting and looked up in awe. Now one thing's for sure, that buck has some major cajones, and apparently deer play chicken with their buddies. Who knew?
    -Trappy

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I saw a banded homeing pigeon get tuned into a cloud of feathers at Mason a few years back!

ec90t

9. stanky feet

stanky feet TS Member

I once saw the barrel of an 870 come loose from the lug ,fly off,go over his head and land on the ground behind him!I know this to be fact because I was pulling for him.

10. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I saw a hot dog shooter (he thought) throw is new k80 into some lilac bushes after a miss or two. I laughed my ass off when I witnessed it. Some people take it way to serious don't they.

11. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

I had to see if one of these damn things existed.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s180.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid180.photobucket.com/albums/x91/Captain_Kennedy/PB210045.flv"></embed>

[​IMG]

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

There was a pair of egrets that buzzed the trap line in formation at either the Dixie or Southern Grand at Silver Dollar during the national anthem a few years back.

13. old tex

old tex TS Member

The year all the foxes were running around chasing birds at the grand, they looked as if the shot had to be falling near them but they stayed!

14. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

had a deer stand in the weeds just past the trap house for 2 rounds, looking right at us, twiching her ears........talk about consentrating.

tony

15. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Several years back my son and I shooting fall weds. night league under the lights at Middletown Sportsman Club, three traps down and out about 30 yards from traphouse had a nice buck deer set down on his butt, like a dog and watch us shoot 25 targets. He then got up and milled around while we shot last 25.We didn't bother him a bit. It was hard not to watch him.

16. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I used to shoot at the now defunct Case Gun Club in Racine, WI. It as located on a bluff looking out over Lake Michigan. The trap house was about 20 feet from the edge of the bluff.

It used to get so windy that the pieces of the broken birds (or lost targets) would land darn near at your feet. You couldn't hardly wear a hat there or it would get shot!

Never seen such crazy clays and what a total riot to shoot there.... That was fun and I was never so happy to shoot an 85!

17. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

I was shooting at the Buckhorn Club in Mebane, N.C. An older lady on the station to my right took her shot and the target flew on, untouched. The ref then called "Lost" and the lady broke open her O/U. The target then split in two about five feet above the ground. Fortunately, the guy on the other side of her also saw it happen and we advised the ref of what had happened and he changed the "Lost" to dead bird.

18. rick resko

rick resko TS Member

it would be the night we were shooting under the lights during a woodcock migration. they came out of the woods and kept flying around those of us on the line. must have thought the sun came up early. we have had rabbits turkeys deer and a bear come to watch us shoot but the woodcocks were the best.

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rick, Where did that happen? You witnessed something most bird hunters will never see. Years ago in Newfoundland on a moose hunt we ran into a flight early in the evening. They were thick as mosquitoes, couldn't guess how many hundreds we saw. Have fun, Bob

20. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Gary Smith--Meridian Miss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.