1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the scoop on Rively@grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

What

I was just told that Frank Rively was suspended from his job at the grand and sent home, before the big delegates meeting tomorrow nite. Sounds to me like the old boys network ain't going quietly. I guess Frank was supposed to walk the plank.

I wanted to ask him a question about the free ATA EC guns. I was wondering instead of one 16 thousand dollar gun if a EC president could get 16 one thousand dollar guns instead. That's what I'd do if I was VP. (among other things)

Should I say I told you so now? Brad Dysinger

2. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

good old boys running for cover

3. over/under

over/under Member

LOL you know how to stir the pot LOL

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If it happened the meeting should be very entertaining.

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Brad, I just got a letter from someone out there, and there is more to come...Sounds like the good old boys are about to create a slaughter house.

For the life of me I'll never understand why Frank is the scapegoat on all of this, when it was Mr. Sherrod who asked Mr. Glatz to help bring Frank up to speed...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't..We the shooters, are loosing some very good people this year....

6. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

If this is true there needs to be a major housecleaning from the top down. This is nothing but CYA by a bunch of arrogant SOB's that think they are above all the rules. Just paid 3 years ATA dues and now I wonder if it was really the thing to do with these kinds running the show.

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'll bet quality people like Jim Thompson and Frank Rively are glad they got involved trying to help our organization. Maybe the ATA could now hire Bob Glatz, so they could fire him too.<br>
    I hope all you guys that rushed in your ATA renewals are happy with the way things are going, sheeple. Oh well, maybe the EC can sweep it all under the rug and the sheeple can stick their heads back in the sand and all will be right with the world. Harv Shell

8. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

If someone knows the scoop I wish they'd post it. Brad

9. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Brad, they are all talking about who shot the rabbit, instead of who shot the ata in the foot. zimmie

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

To be quite honest, two shooters from Ohio fired at the bunny first but neither hit their mark!

ss

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

shuck,,,that was a classic,,lol

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

This is very sad news.

Rively seemed like a decent guy.

I guess the EC was not ready to change or to be challenged.

Don Verna

13. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

The tail is wagging the dog. I hope everyone that is concerned about all this already contacted your delegate and told them how you feel about it. If not, you better hurry.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Brad Dysinger are you going to the meeting tomarrow night? I am coming to the meeting, will I get to speak my mind? Do I have to be put on the agenda? If so what is the proper way to get put on the agenda?

I am leaving at 6:00am Thursday morning, shold be there before 3:00pm

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
    Life Member

15. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

All the ATA needs is a complete IRS audit going back several years.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Short Shucker, this is nothing to kid about. If all this crap about the EC is true, you may see a major change in the ATA membership.

I doubt Mr. Dysinger would throw this out there without some valid info. His reputation is at stake.

I serious doubt you are an ATA member. Cause if you are....you're part of the problem too.

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Setterman,

Just tired of the holier than thou attitude of a select few from Ohio.

If y'all are dilusional enough to believe something is going to change, then you need to stick your head in the sand a little deeper. Nothing is going to change.

If you think it's bad now, just wait for all the change to happen. Our last presidential election was won because of all the "change" that was promised. Do you really want that in the ATA?

Remember these two old sayings;

"The more things change the more they stay the same."

"Be careful of what you wish for, because it just may come true."

ss

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I got a text from our Delegate yesterday advising that:

Rively "may be out" and the EC credit cards are gone.

Further info to follow.

As I receive more information, I'll post it.

Curt

DTA President

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

SS, We all have a concept of what we expect from the ATA. I don't expect much, but if they are abusing my membership dollars and it degrades the quality and success of the association, shouldn't I atleast voice my concern or even threaten action?

I don't think you realise how many members are yanked off about the EC. It's not just a few "holier than thou, select few from Ohio".

The "change" will be in membership numbers. Not good for the ATA, Sparta, or the sport.

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I sure hope that threre's no truth to this story as I am in full agreement with Setterman. They will have seen my last dollar, target, and efforts. What are these people thinking?? Mr Glatz brought to light some things that need a thorough cleansing in the way we operate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.