1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats the rule

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smifshot, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

what is at ATA rule for voting at a state meeting? Have not had a new rule book in several years. I maily want to know if you must have shot some targets during the year or does your average card make you elegible..Fred

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

In the Website Address box above I have placed the link to the online rulebook look it up for yourself that way you won't get it second hand.

Bob Lawless

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

A member of the ATA who has shot registered targets in any two target years can vote for a delegate and alternate delegates.

Pat Ireland

4. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Didn't I read, way back during the Kentucky Delegate election struggle, that each state organization might have rules to follow for that particular states election? So if it is a state matter you are concerned about, the ATA rules might not cover everything pertaining to that meeting and election (such as how to resolve ties)? Hence, reading the ATA and the State Associations rules might be necessary to answer your question?

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

tomk2- Individual states cannot add additional rules regulating delegate elections. The Kentucky situation involved a tie. The ATA rules suggest, but do not require, ways to resolve a tie vote.

Pat Ireland

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Yes and no, tomk2. Each state can have rules for it's own organization's elections, but the Delegate election is for an ATA officer and for that vote, only the ATA's rules apply. They are laid out in more detail than you can believe and variance from them can cause no end of trouble and in fact too often has.

Neil

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I will support Neil's last phrase. The rules governing a delegate elections are clear, but frequently there are elections voided because the state did not follow the rules. If an election is voided, a valid election did not take place and the last properly elected delegate retains that position until a new election, following the rules, takes place. That would be at the next state shoot.

Pat Ireland

8. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Pat -

Neil answered what I was getting at. The original poster said he wanted to vote during the state meeting, but did not specifically say he wanted to vote for an ATA governed issue such as a delegate. I am not certain that each state organization has their rules as easily available as the online ATA rules are available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.