1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT'S the difference: Unsingle Top single Mono?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yvonne, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

WHAT

Can someone tell me the difference between a Unsingle ~ Top Single ~ Mono barrel? A friend wants me to sell a Beretta 682 barrel for him and I don't know how to tell the difference. Thanks a bunch! Yvonne

2. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

An "unsingle" would be a single barrel in line with the lower firing pin on the breach face of a O/U receiver. "Un" refers to Under. Easy to tell due to the amount of space under the rib.

They "look cool" and are supposed to put the recoil in a more direct line to your shoulder. They actually do reduce muzzle flip however, it's pointless with a single shot. The concept really shine with the Beretta UGB 25. That gun "just stays flat" and allows a quick follow up shot.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yvonne, an UnSingle is basically an over/under with the top barrel removed, or at least, most of it, about a foot forward of the breach. The area where the barrel would have been, is filled in with a high rib, in most cases adjustable, up & down at the muzzle. A top single is just the opposite and not common, but in both cases the gun(s) are designed as over/under guns and usually have a o/u barrel with the set. In most cases you see an O/u for doubles and an unsingle barrel for singles & caps. A momo is just that, a gun designed with a single barrel. A good example would be a Browning BT-99.If you visit Kolar's website you can see an example of an unsingle/top single & doubles set in their MAX TA Comp.

all the best.....mike

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Ah Ha! Thank you very much! One more fact to store in the shooting section of my brain. I appreciate the help :)

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

yvonne The difference is a mono gun is a single barrel gun. Yet it can be a top or bottom barrel.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.