1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the differance citori trap and xs skeet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plott hound, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Looking for a o/u gun for my wife and looking at the browning book I dont see a lot of differance between the xs skeet and the xt. Can anyone shoot me an answer that tells why one gun vs the other. Oh she will be shooting trap with it. Thanks

2. winselect

winselect TS Member

I think the XT is a little nicer gun than the XS. I Bought the Winchester select energy. I had a Browning rep tell me they are the same gun, and if you look at them they look exactly the same. He told me they had same barrels, and same action, only difference is wood and etching and about a 1000.00 bucks. I am very pleased with my select.
    Kevin

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

At least two differences. The XT is a heavier gun by several ounces over the XS skeet even in the same barrel length. I don't know where the difference lies, could be the skeet barrels are made a little lighter. Also the XT should shoot higher that the XS skeet. I'd buy the XT if the weight is not too much for her

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Plott Hound, the only difference I can find and have noticed at all between the two guns are that the skeet gun has a exaggerated right hand palm swell,and a level stock. 1 and 3/4 in the front and back, while the trap gun has normal palm swell and a l and 9/16 ths in front and a 2 inch drop in heel or back. The wood might be a higher grade in some models(would be a little heavier) and a high gloss only on trap model.Skeet is semi-gloss as I belive. The skeet gun only has barrels to 30 inchs and trap to 32 inchs. A good friend of mine shoots his XS sporting for trap and shoots very well with it. All brownings guns shoot at about 60/40 poi. Get her the one she likes best and git it to fit her. Most women will need a adj. butt plate to get gun to fit her shoulder. This will also bring in the need most times for a adj. comb. as well. So you might want to think about that.Brownings adj. combs from factory are not the best. You might want a good smith install one. It will be better and a little cheaper as well. Best of Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I'm a lady shooter and I just went through this last weekend. I tried an XT & an XS - same length, same comb setup, same barrel length (30"), same shells. The difference (to me) was this: the XS was considerably lighter and whippier. I didn't feel like I had enough control. The XT was heftier, but not too heavy, felt solid and I felt like I had control. I was surprised since I'm accustomed to shooting 32" & 34" barrels. I shot 5 shells with the XS and put it away. I shot 4 rounds of singles and 1 round of doubles and did pretty darn well. I used 3 different loads of shells as well. I bought the XT.

The XS would be great for skeet or sporting clays, since you have to be quicker on the move. Personally, it's just too light for me for trap.

The only thing I'm not sure I care for is the factory comb setup -- as long as you tighten it enough, it doesn't move; however, I learned that the hard way and had to reset the comb! I will say I felt no recoil with either.

JMHO.

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Mac - thanks for the tip. Anything that helps it not move is a big bonus.

7. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Thanks all for the great info. We also were leaning hard towards the xt. Have good summer . Plott Hound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
what is difference between browning xt vs sporting special xs

what is the difference between a browning xt and xs

whats the difference between browning xt and xs